Fund for American Studies
Learn more about how the State Policy Network aids ALEC and spins disinformation in the states.
The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) "has been educating young leaders on the values of freedom, democracy and free-market economies since 1967. Nine institutes around the world bring college students together for educational programs engaging them in a rigorous examination of economic concepts, political systems and moral philosophy. Our goal is to prepare young people for honorable leadership by educating them in the theory, practice and benefits of a free society." 
- Chairman Randal C. Teague - Partner, Vorys, Sater, Seymour & Pease, LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Vice Chairman Michael W. Thompson - President, Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy, Springfield, Va.
- Secretary Daniel H. Branch - Shareholder/Attorney at Law, Winstead Sechrest & Minick P.C., Dallas, Texas
- Treasurer James B. Culbertson - Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Fred Barnes - Executive Edito, The Weekly Standard, Washington, D.C.
- Charles R. Black, Jr. - Chairman, BKSH & Associates, Washington, D.C.
- Patrick F. Daly - CEO, The Daly Group, Chicago, Ill.
- Louis DeJoy - CEO, New Breed, Greensboro, N.C.
- Frank J. Donatelli - Senior Vice President, McGuireWoods Consulting, Washington, D.C.
- Juanita Duggan - President & CEO, American Forest & Paper Association, Washington, D.C.
- John W. Farley - Corporate Vice President, Eagle Publishing, Inc., Washington, D.C.
- William J. Hybl - Chairman and CEO, El Pomar Foundation, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- T. Timothy Ryan, Jr. - Managing Director, JP Morgan Chase, New York, N.Y.
- W. Bruce Weinrod - Woodrow Wilson Center Public Policy Scholar, Washington, D.C.
- Catherine Windels - Senior Director for Worldwide Policy Mobilization, Pfizer, Inc., New York, N.Y.
- Ex Officio Member - Roger R. Ream
President, The Fund for American Studies Washington, D.C.
- Hon. Robin Beard - Former Member of Congress, Isle of Palms, S.C.
- Hon. Don Cogman - Chairman, CC Investments, Scottsdale, Ariz
- Hon. Philip M. Crane - Former Member of Congress, Leesburg, Va.
- Hon. Mitch Daniels - Governor, State of Indiana, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Hon. Paula J. Dobriansky - Under Secretary of State for Democracy & Global Affairs, U.S. State Department, Washington, D.C.
- Neal Freeman - Chairman, Blackwell Corporation, York, Maine
- George Lawrence - President, Lawrence Properties, Former President, The Fund for American Studies, Vero Beach, Fla.
- Hon. Peter McPherson - President, National Association of State, Universities & Land Grant Colleges, Washington, D.C.
- Thomas L. Phillips - Eagle Publishing, Inc., Washington, D.C.
- Hon. Don Sundquist - Former Governor, State of Tennessee, Former Member of Congress, Townsend, Tenn.
"[E]stablished in 1999 to garner additional involvement in TFAS programs from university professors in and outside of the U.S."
- Hisham Awartani - Trustee, Center for Palestine Research and Studies, Nablus, Palestine
- Professor George Carey - Professor of Government, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- William C. Dennis - Atlas Economic Research Foundation, Fairfax, Va.
- Lee Edwards - Department of Politics, The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
- Roy H. Ginsberg - Professor of Government, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- Steven Hayward - American Enterprise Institute, F. K. Weyerhaeuser Fellow, San Fransisco, Calif.
- Jack C. High - Professor of Economics, The Institute for Public Policy, George Mason University, Fairfax, Va.
- Charles Kesler - Associate Professor of Government, Claremont McKenna College, Claremont, Calif.
- Leonard Liggio - Distinguished Senior Scholar, Institute for Humane Studies, George Mason University Law School, Arlington, Va.; Atlas, Pelerin
- James C. Miller III - Center for the Study of Public Choice, George Mason University, Fairfax, Va.
- B. Nelson Ong - Professional Development International, New Rochelle, N.Y.
- Edward W. Ryan - Professor of Economics, Director Economic Freedom, Institute Manhattanville College, Purchase, N.Y.
- Larry J. Sabato - Robert Kent Gooch Professor, The Center for Government Affairs, The University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
- Antony Sullivan - Associate, Center for Middle Eastern and North African Studies, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- George J. Viksnins - Professor of Economics, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- J. David Woodard - Professor, Department of Political Science, Clemson University, Clemson, S.C.
- Bruce Yandle - Alumni Distinguished Professor, College of Business and Public Affairs, Clemson University, Clemson, S.C.
- Web: http://www.tfas.org
- State Policy Network, Directory, State Policy Network, 2016.