Gentiva Health Services
Gentiva Health Services, one of the nation's leading health care companies, is the nation's largest provider of home health and specialty pharmaceutical services. Publicly traded (Nasdaq: GTIV), Gentiva is a Fortune 1000 company with $1.1 billion in 2006 revenue. With over 300 health services locations across the country, the company provides health services in nearly every state in the nation.
In 2002, Gentiva sold its specialty pharmaceutical services division to Accredo Health Inc. (Nasdaq: ACDO) for $415 million in cash and stock, one of the largest health care transactions of the decade .
Gentiva loses age-discrimination suit
In January 2001, Gentiva lost an Ohio-based age-discrimination suit filed in 1998 against the company's former parent company. Because Gentiva had indemnified their former parent company as part of a previous split-off from the parent company, an Ohio jury levied damages of $30m against Gentiva. A report at the time quoted Gentiva vice president Michael Johns as saying, "We are not pleased - and in fact, are shocked - at the size of the jury verdict" ; the case was subsequently settled for an undisclosed sum .
Executives and 2006 pay:
- Ronald A. Malone, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board, $1,893,236
- John R. Potapchuk, Chief Financial Officer, $893,606
- H. Anthony Strange, Chief Operating Officer, $806,007
- Stephen B. Paige, Secretary and General Counsel, $712,175
- Victor Ganzi
3 Huntington Quadrangle
Melville, NY 11747
- ↑ Gentiva Health Services Profile, Hoovers, accessed February 2008.
- ↑ Ronald A Malone, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- ↑ John R Potapchuk, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- ↑ H Anthony Strange, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- ↑ Stephen B Paige, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- Musser vs. Gentiva Health Services, medical malpractice, U.S. Federal Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals upholds Gentiva's motion for summary judgment in infant death, , January 28, 2004.
- "Gentiva Makes $415M Deal," Newsday, January 3, 2002 .
- "Gentiva Health Services Announces Agreement to Sell its Specialty Pharmaceutical Services Business to Accredo Health Inc. for $415 million," , January 2, 2002.
- "Customer Concerns Mount in Tragedy Aftermath," , September 12, 2001.
- "Gentiva Health Services Announces Authorization to Redeem Convertible Securities," , August 8, 2001.
- "Wall Street Transcript" interview with Gentiva CEO, , August 6, 2001.
- "Suit Could Cost Gentiva $30M+," January 1, 2001,