|This article is part of the SourceWatch / Congresspedia coverage of the
U.S. attorney firings controversy
The domain name gwb43.com stands for George W. Bush, 43rd president of the United States. WHOIS information for gwb43.com can be found here.
Background information on the gwb43.com controversy can be found here.
Also see the gwb43.com article in the Wikipedia.
At the bottom of the robtex.com DNS lookup for gwb43.com, a diagram shows the links for servers to gwb43.com. SMARTech is a domain server for gwb43.com.
The robtex.com lookup for gwb43.com reveals that 41 domains share mailservers with gwb43.com. Among these are:
- bcorker.com / bobcorkerforsenate.com (See Bob Corker.)
- georgewbush.com (See Bush-Cheney '04 Inc..)
- gingrichgroup.com / gingrichproductions.com / newt.org / speakergingrich.com / speakergingrich.net/.org (See Newt Gingrich.)
- gop.com/.net/.org (See Republican National Committee.)
- govtechsolutions.com (See GovTech Solutions.)
- ohiogop.org (Ohio GOP)
- rnc.org / rncchairman.org / rnchq.org / rncmail.org (See Republican National Committee.)
The robtex lookup for gwb43.com also shows that 999 domains share nameservers with gwb43.com. Among these are:
- abcpac.com/.net (See Rightroots.)
- amendforarnold.com / arnoldsteam.com/.net (re Arnold Schwarzenegger)
- angryhillary.com/.net / clintongunban.com / counterclintonlibrary.com/.net / stophillarynow.com / stophillarypac.com (See Hillary Clinton.)
- ashcroftgroupllc.com (See John Ashcroft.)
- bushblows.net / bushenergy.com/.net/.org / bushfarmandranchteam.com / bushfarmteam.com / bushforpresident.com / bushgop.com / bushismypresident.com / bushmajority.com/.net / bushsux.net / bushteamleader.com/.net / bushwhitehouse.net
- campaignsolution.com / campaignsolutions.com (See Campaign Solutions.) / connell-donatelli.com / connelldonatelli.com / donatelliavella.com / edonatelli.com / edonation.com / newmediacom.com / newmediacommunications.com/.net (See Donatelli Group.)
- committeeforjustice.org (See Committee for Justice.)
- conradburns.com (See Conrad Burns.)
- demfacts.com/.net / democratflipflops.com/.net / democratsagenda.com/.net / democratscaretactics.com/.net / democratsforbush.com/.net / democratsforbush.org / demsagenda.com/.net / demsforbushcheney.com/.net
- freedompac.com (See John Boehner (R-Ohio).)
- frontpagemag.com / frontpagemagazine.com / frontpagemagonline.com (See FrontPageMag.com.)
- georgebush.com / georgebushbites.com/.net / georgebushblows.com/.net / georgebushsucks.net / georgebushsux.com/.net / georgewbush.com / georgewbushbites.com/.net / georgewbushblows.net / georgewbushsucks.net / georgewbushsux.com/.net
- goreinventedprosperity.com / gorereinventionconvention.com/.net / goresdoublevision.com (See Al Gore.)
- helpscooter.com / scooterlibby.com / scooterlibbydefensefund.com / supportscooterlibby.com (See Trial of Scooter Libby.)
- holtzmanlaw.net (See HoltzmanVogel PLLC.)
- jerrykilgore.com (See Jerry W. Kilgore.)
- johnkerryliberalrecord.com/.net / johnkerryoniraq.com / gohnkerrysliberalrecord.com.net (See John Kerry.)
- johnmccain.com / mccain08hq.com / mccainwantsyou.com/.net (See John McCain.)
- judicialconfirmationnetwork.com/.com (See Judicial Confirmation Network.)
- majorityfund.com / majorityfundforamerica.com (See Dick Armey's (R-Texas) Majority Leader's Fund.)
- mattblunt.com (See Matt Blunt.)
- reaganalumni.com / reagansrevolution.com / rememberonaldreagan.com (See Ronald Reagan.)
- rga.org (See Republican Governor's Association.)
- ricksantorum.com/.net / ricksantorum2004.com / ricksantorum2006.com/.net / ricksantorum2008.com/.net / ricksantorum2010.com / ricksantorum2018.com / ricksantorumforpresident2012.com (See Rick Santorum.)
- smartech.us / smartechcorp.com/.net/.us / smartechorp.net / smartechstreaming.com/.net / smartmail3.com/.net / smartmailer.net
- vetsforfreedom.com/.org (See Vets for Freedom.)
Created February 21, 2001, trespassers-w.net is registered to Jeffrey Cross of Cross Computer Consulting in Chattanooga, TN. Both the administrative and technical contact given for trespassers-w.net is Jeffrey Cross of Coptix Inc.
The server a.ns.trespassers-w.net is the "nameserver" for 1000 domains, many of which are also linked through SMARTech.
In turn, using "nameserver" abcpac.com as an example, it links to 58 hosts sharing IP address (a string of numbers that computers understand ); 325 domains (a string that humans understand) sharing mailservers; and 999 domains sharing nameservers.
Among the "hosts" are the following Republican Party-related organizations:
- houseconservatives.com (See House Conservatives Fund.)
- nrcc.org (See National Republican Congressional Committee.)
- rightroots.org (See Rightroots.)
- vetsforfreedom.com/.org (See Vets for Freedom.)
The lists of domains sharing mailservers and domains sharing mailservers are nearly the same as those hosted by SMARTech.
sjennings @ gwb43.com
- "Presidential Boards and Commissions Looking for Nominations from Kentuckians," Kentucky Republican Voice Blogspot, May 13, 2005. Message from "J. Scott Jennings, Associate Director, White House Office of Political Affairs", with e-mail address sjennings @ gwb43.com.
- "E-news," Linda Herren, Georgia's National Committeewoman, 2005-2007. Scroll down to sections "Recommitting to Conservative Reform" and read "Note from the Small Business Administration" (2005), and "Medicare Rx: A National Conversation" (2006), both from/bearing e-mail address sjennings @ gwb43.com.
- "Inside the U.S. Attorneys Emails: Major Players and Themes," Wall Street Journal Online.
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Letters to the Editor: re Tom Grieve, "The Alberto Gonzales defense," Salon, March 13, 2007.
- Tom, "Evading Investigation Through GWB43.com," Corrente Wire, March 15, 2007.
- Steve Benen, "What’s with the GWB43.com emails?" The Carpetbagger Report, March 16, 2007.
- Joseph Hughes, "The hidden scandal within the prosecutor purge," House of Labor/TPM Cafe, March 21, 2007.
- Joseph Cannon, "GwB43: The White House, vote theft, and the email trail," Cannonfire Blogspot, March 22, 2007.
- maddezmom's Journal, "GWB43.com, AttorneyGate and Federal Records Requirements," Democratic Underground, March 24, 2007.
- Lara Jakes Jordan, "Bush, Key Senator Still Backing Gonzales," Associated Press (Forbes), March 25, 2007.
- Joseph Cannon, "The great GWB43 update," Cannonfire Blogspot, March 25, 2007.
- Joseph Cannon, "Secret White House communication system," TrustMe.com, March 25, 2007.
- Michael Roston, "Waxman advises RNC not to destroy any e-mails," The Raw Story, March 26, 2007.
- Jesse Lee, "Chairman Waxman on Preservation of Campaign Emails," The Gavel Blog/Speaker.gov, March 26, 2007.
- R. Jeffrey Smith, "GOP Groups Told to Keep Bush Officials' E-Mails. Democrat Cites Investigation of Firings," Washington Post, March 27, 2007.
- Joseph Cannon, "GWB43 is becoming a big deal...," Cannonfire Blogspot, March 27, 2007.
- Henry A. Waxman, "Rep. Waxman Requests Information on White House E-Mail Policies," House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, March 29, 2007.
- "Separate White House E-mail Accounts Draw New Criticism," The News Desk Blog/U.S. News & World Report, March 29, 2007.
- Joseph Cannon, "GWB43: Conyers and Leahy smell a rat" and "GWB43/Smartech follow-up," Cannonfire Blogspot, March 29, 2007.
- "'gwb43.com' e-mails used to arrange briefing for GSA Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington Blog, March 29, 2007.
- Joseph Cannon, "More on GWB43," Cannonfire Blogspot, March 31, 2007.
- Mr. Murder, "Rove working around the law," No Quarter Blog, April 1, 2007.
- Lambert, "gwb43.com for dummies," Corrente Wire, April 3, 2007.
- Klaus Marre, "Waxman requests e-mail from RNC servers," The Hill, April 4, 2007.
- Michael Davis, "Morphing a conspiracy?" Chattanooga Times Free Press, April 4, 2007.
- "Waxman To RNC: Turn Over Your Emails," Think Progress, April 4, 2007.
- Paul Kiel, "Waxman Requests RNC Emails," TPMmuckraker, April 4, 2007.
- intranets, "More email server proof for Rep. Waxman," ePluribus Media, April 5, 2007.
- Tom Hamburger, "Party-issued laptops now a White House headache. Democrats say a private e-mail system was used in violation of federal rules," Los Angeles Times, April 9, 2007.
- Alexis Simendinger, "The E-mail Trail," National Journal (GovExec.com), April 9, 2007.
- "The 'gwb43.com' e-mail scandal profiled in LA Times," Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Government Blog, April 9, 2007.
- "Strange Domains Registered by the RNC-Not Just gwb43.com," Neomeme, April 9, 2007.
- Joseph Cannon, "Big media notices computergate" and "GWB43: The scandal gains momentum," Cannonfire Blogspot, April 10, 2007.
- Dan Froomkin, "The Next Bush Scandal?" Washington Post, April 10, 2007.
- Michael Abramowitz and Dan Eggen, "White House E-Mail Lost in Private Accounts," Washington Post, April 11, 2007.
- Jennifer Loven, "Congressional Investigators probe why White House aides used GOP-sponsored e-mail accounts," Associated Press (Boston Globe), April 11, 2007.
- Marcy Wheeler (emptywheel), "Well, I Guess GWB43.com Really Is the Smoking Gun," The Next Hurrah, April 11, 2007.
- Xan, "Today's Episode of 'As The gwb43.com Turns': The Dog Ate My Emails!," Corrente Wire, April 11, 2007.
- Lambert, "Froomkin keeps asking questions on gwb43.com, but no answers from White House," Corrente Wire, April 11, 2007. See Froomkin's post.
- Sheryl Gay Stolberg, "White House Says It May Be Missing Attorney E-Mails," New Yokr Times, April 12, 2007.
- Lambert, "Froomkin writes the lede on gwb43.com. And then the story," and "Can we please stop saying that email is easy to 'delete' with a right-click?" Corrente Wire, April 12, 2007.Corrente Wire, April 12, 2007.
- Joseph Cannon, "GovTech, GWB43, the White House and computergate," TrustMe.com, April 12, 2007.
- Xan, "gwb43.com: Friday the 13th Edition!" Corrente Wire, April 13, 2007.
- Lambert, "If the Dems have stones, they'll subpoena the NSA for gwb43.com mail," Corrente Wire, April 13, 2007.
- Xan, "gwb43.com: Weekend Meta Edition!" Corrente Wire, April 14, 2007.
- Xan, "gwb43.com: The Eight Search Terms Edition," Corrente Wire, April 19, 2007.
- "Bush's next line of defense on gwb43.com, 'missing' email, attorney firings, Rovian ratfucking: 'We'll investigate ourselves'," Corrente Wire, April 24, 2007.
- Bob Fitrakis and Harvey Wasserman, "Are Rove's missing e-mails the smoking guns of the stolen 2004 election?" The Free Press, April 25, 2007.