HCA Inc., originally Hospital Corporation of America, is the largest for-profit hospital chain the the U.S. It has about 170 hospitals in the U.S. and overseas. Most of its hospitals are in the southern U.S. states, especially Florida and Texas. In 2006, a group of investors, including Bain Capital, took the company private in a $30 billion leveraged buyout.   
Key executives: 
- Jack O. Bovender, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Richard M. Bracken, Chief Operation Officer and Director
- R. Milton Johnson, Chief Financial Officer
Selected members of the Board of Directors: 
- Christopher J. Birosak, Managing Director with Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity
- John Connaughton, Managing Director of Bain Capital
- Chris Gordon, Principal of Bain Capital
- Michael W. Michelson, Member of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co LLP (KKR)
- Steve Pagliuca, Managing Director at Bain Capital
- Nathan C. Thorne, Senior Vice President of Merrill Lynch
1 Park Plaza
Nashville, TN 37203
- HCA Profile, Hoovers, accessed September 2007.
- Bain Capital Profile, Hoovers, accessed September 2007.
- History, HCA, accessed September 2007.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed September 2007.
- HCA lobbying expenses, Open Secrets.
- HCA Key People, Hoovers, accessed September 2007.
- Board of Directors, HCA, accessed September 2007.