Haldia Energy power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of India and coal.|
Haldia Energy power station is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in West Bengal, India.
The project is proposed for Baneswar Chak near Jhikurkhali village. The aerial photograph below shows the construction site.
The power station is proposed by Haldia Energy, a subsidiary of CESC. In April 2010, there was a report that the project was delayed due to difficulties acquiring a key parcel of land. In July, company officials told the press that the problems had been resolved.
According to a compliance report for the period April 2011 - September 2011, the project had achieved financial closure as well as coal linkage from MCL.
In July 2011, CESC Vice Chairman Sanjiv Goenka said that the project would enter construction in September 2011 and would be commissioned by the end of 2013-14.
In February 2014 the company said the power station would be commissioned by December 2014.
In 2010 the company said it plans to eventually add a second phase of 1400 MW, bringing the total size of the plant to 2,000 MW. However, as of August 2014 this project appears to have been abandoned since there is no mention of such a plan on the company's website or on the CESC annual report.
Sponsor: Haldia Energy, a subsidiary of CESC
Location: Baneshwar village, Haldia district, West Bengal
Coordinates: 22.060459, 88.109748 (exact)
Status: Phase I: construction; Phase II: cancelled
Capacity: Phase I: 600 MW; Phase II: 1400 MW
Projected in service: Phase I: 2014
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Permits and applications: Phase I: Environmental Clearance, India MoEF, October 1, 2008
Resources and articles
- "BTG Area-HTPP-2X300MW-HALDIA ENERGY LIMITED," Wikimapia, accessed December 2013
- "Land ready for CESC's Haldia power project," BS Reporter, July 5, 2010
- Status of Compliance Report for the period of April 2011 - September 2011, Annexure-II, accessed February 2012
- Ritwik Mukherjee, "CESC's Haldia thermal power project to be completed by 2013-14," Financial Chronicle, July 29, 2011
- "Haldia power plant to be commissioned by this December," Hindustan Times (Kolkata), Feb 9, 2014.
- CESC Limited Annual Report 2013-2014
- Ritwik Mukherjee, "CESC acquires Dhariwal Infrastructure to set up Chandrapur project", Financial Chronicle, August 28 2009.