Harold Brown "of San Diego, California and Washington, D.C., served as Secretary of Defense from January 20, 1977 through January 20, 1981, having previously served as Secretary of the Air Force, Director of Defense Research & Engineering, and President of the California Institute of Technology." In 1992, Brown joined the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Previously, he was Chairman of the Foreign Policy Institute at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) at Johns Hopkins University. Brown has been a partner in the New York firm of Warburg, Pincus & Co..
"Previously, he was Chairman of the Foreign Policy Institute at The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies. Dr. Brown is President Emeritus of the California Institute of Technology and served as Secretary of Defense for the United States from 1977 through 1981. Dr. Brown is a member of the board of directors of Evergreen Holdings, Inc. and is an emeritus trustee of the California Institute of Technology, of the Trilateral Commission (North America) and of the RAND Corporation. Dr. Brown served as a director of Altria Group, Inc. from 1983 to April 2003, and again from December 2004 to March 2008. "
- Member of the Policy Review Board for Public Agenda Foundation.
- Senior Trustee, California Institute of Technology 
- Emeriti Trustee, RAND Corporation 
- Director, Philip Morris International 
Involvement with Tobacco Industry
Harold Brown was on the Philip Morris Board of Directors from 1983 to 1985, and was a Director in 1994.(New York Times 3/20/94).
Resources and articles
- Trustees, California Institute of Technology, accessed June 20, 2010.
- Trustees, RAND Corporation, accessed February 8, 2011.
- Philip Morris International Board, organizational web page, accessed May 7, 2013.
<tdo>resource_id=2977 resource_code=brown_harold search_term=Harold Brown</tdo>