Hazel Henderson, "founder, Ethical Markets Media, LLC and Series Creator and Co-Executive Producer of its TV series - Dr. Hazel Henderson is a world renowned futurist, evolutionary economist, a worldwide syndicated columnist, consultant on sustainable development, and author of Beyond Globalization, and seven other books. Her editorials appear in 27 languages and more than 400 newspapers syndicated by InterPress Service, Rome, New York, and Washington DC...
"She sits on several editorial boards, including Futures Research Quarterly, The State of the Future Report, and E/The Environmental Magazine (USA), Resurgence, Foresight and Futures (UK). She co-edited, with Harlan Cleveland and Inge Kaul, The UN: Policy and Financing Alternatives, Elsevier Scientific, UK 1995 (US edition, 1996). Since becoming a full-time TV producer, Hazel has stepped down from her many board memberships, including Worldwatch Institute (1975-2001), Calvert Social Investment Fund (1982-2005), and other associations, including the Social Investment Forum and the Social Venture Network. She remains on the International Council of the Instituto Ethos de Empresas e Responsabilidade Social, Sao Paulo, Brasil. Hazel remains a Patron of the New Economics Foundation (London, UK) and a Fellow of the World Business Academy. The first version of her Country Futures Indicators (CFI©), an alternative to the Gross National Product (GNP), is a co-venture with Calvert Group, Inc.: the Calvert-Henderson Quality-of-Life Indicators (Desk Reference Manual, 2000), updated regularly at www.calvert-henderson.com.
"In addition, she has been Regent's Lecturer at the University of California (Santa Barbara), held the Horace Albright Chair in Conservation at the University of California (Berkeley), and advised the U.S. Office of Technology Assessment and the National Science Foundation from 1974 to 1980. She holds Honorary Dr. of Science degrees from the University of San Francisco, Soka University (Tokyo) and Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Massachusetts (USA). She is an active member of the National Press Club (Washington DC), the World Future Society (USA), a Fellow of the World Futures Studies Federation and a member of the Association for Evolutionary Economics. Henderson has many awards and is listed in Who’s Who, USA, Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in Business and Finance and Who’s Who in Science and Technology. She is an Honorary Member of the Club of Rome. She shared the 1996 Global Citizen Award with Nobelist A. Perez Esquivel of Argentina. And, in 2007, she was elected a Fellow to the Britain ’s Royal Society, founded in 1754." 
- Executive Board (vice chair), Climate Prosperity Alliance 
- Director, Global Urban Development 
- Director, War and Peace Foundation 
- Associate Editor (2009), Resurgence 
- Team, Conscious Business Institute 
- International Advisor, MediaChannel, International Advisors
- International Advisory Board, Center for Visionary Leadership 
- International Advisory Board, Ethos Institute for Business and Social Responsibility
- International Advisory Board, Earth Restoration Corps 
- International Advisory Board, Forum 2000 Foundation 
- International Associate, Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research
- Advisory Board, Capital Institute 
- Advisory Board, E. F. Schumacher Society
- Advisory Board, European Management Institute 
- Advisory Board, Kosmos Journal
- Editorial Board, Journal of Futures Studies 
- Advisory Board, Global Youth Action Network 
- Advisory Board, American Teilhard Association 
- Club of Budapest: Members
- Member, World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality 
- Member, World Wisdom Council 
- Circle of Advisors, Rachel's Network 
- Fellow (2008), Lindisfarne Association 
- Advisory Board (former member), Women of Vision and Action 
- Advisor, Pathways To Peace 
- Member, Future Shapers Collaborative 
- Patron, UK Social Investment Forum 
- Supporter, Centre for Change 
- Participant (2004), Synthesis Dialogues 
- Jury Member (2008), Buckminster Fuller Challenge 
- Advisor, Global Vision Project 
- Advisor/Supporter, We, The World 
- Member, Simplicity Forum 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Home, Hazel Henderson, accessed July 29, 2008.
- Climate Prosperity Alliance About, organizational web page, accessed April 29, 2014.
- Global Urban Development Board, organizational web page, accessed May 1, 2014.
- Directors, War and Peace Foundation, accessed January 8, 2009.
- Resurgence Magazine, March/April 2009.
- Team, Conscious Business Institute, accessed November 19, 2011.
- Staff, Center for Visionary Leadership, accessed November 28, 2008.
- International Advisory Board, Earth Restoration Corps, accessed August 25, 2008.
- Committees, Forum 2000 Foundation, accessed January 2, 2009.
- Capital Institute Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed January 11, 2013.
- Advisory Board, European Management Institute, accessed August 26, 2008.
- Advisory Board, Kosmos Journal, accessed December 16, 2011.
- Journal of Futures Studies Editional Board, organizational web page, accessed May 11, 2012.
- Advisory Board, Global Youth Action Network, accessed January 21, 2009.
- American Teilhard Association Board, organizational web page, accessed May 16, 2012.
- Members, World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality, accessed July 29, 2008.
- World Wisdom Council, Club of Budapest, accessed December 16, 2011.
- Liasons, Rachel's Network, accessed September 17, 2008.
- Roster of the Fellows for 2008, williamirwinthompson.org, accessed October 4, 2008.
- Former Advisory Board members, Women of Vision and Action, accessed November 27, 2008.
- Advisors, Pathways To Peace, accessed October 19, 2011.
- Members, Future Shapers Collaborative, accessed January 21, 2009.
- Directors, UK Social Investment Forum, accessed November 3, 2009.
- Centre for Change Supporters, organizational web page, accessed February 6, 2012.
- 2004 Participants, Synthesis Dialogues, accessed November 1, 2011.
- Jurors, Buckminster Fuller Challenge, accessed December 8, 2011.
- Global Vision About, organizational web page, accessed April 1, 2012.
- We, The World About, organizational web page, accessed May 6, 2012.
- Simplicity Forum Members, organizational web page, accessed December 31, 2013.