Huaneng Nantong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The Huaneng Nantong power station, (江苏南通发电厂上大压小一期) also known as the Jiangsu Nantong power station, is a 3,400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Jiangsu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Tianshengang Town (Tianshengangzhen), Gangzha District, Nantong Prefecture, Jiangsu Province.
Background on Plant
The Huaneng Nantong power station is a 3,400 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in the prefecture of Nantong, China. The four units of Nantong-1 and -2, totaling 1,400 MW, were completed between 1989 and 1989. The two-unit Nantong-3, totaling 2,000 MW, was completed in 2014.
The Tianshenggang power station, a 660-MW coal-fired plant about a kilometer to the west, is owned by Nantong Tianshenggang Power Generation. Nantong Tianshenggang Power Co. is affiliated with Guodian Longyuan Power and Huaneng Nantong Subsidiary under China Huaneng Group.
Project Details of Nantong-3 Units 1 & 2
- Sponsor: Huaneng Power International, Nantong Tianshenggang Power Generation
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Nantong City, Jiangsu Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.03214, 120.76956 (exact)
- Status: Operating (2014)
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 and 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants Financed by International Public Investment Institutions Since 1994", Appendix to Foreclosing the Future: Coal, Climate and International Public Finance: Investment in coal-fired power plants hinders the fight against global warming, Environmental Defense, April 2009.
- "南通电厂2×1000MW超超临界机组投产发电," 龙源电力, 2014/03/20
- "World Electric Power Plants Database,", Platts, June 2014. The database is not available online but can be purchased from Platts.
- 国电龙源电力南通电厂2×1000MW超超临界机组投产发电, CHPPCH website, Mar. 21, 2014.
- "Coal-Fired Plants in China - Jiangsu: Tianshenggang," Industcards, accessed October 2014
- "构建大动力装置，同时关闭小的江苏南通电厂2× 1000MW机组电源已开工的项目," China Guodian website, 2011-11-17