Iran Enterprise Institute
The Iran Enterprise Institute (IEI) registered online November 9, 2006, as a domestic non-profit corporation with the Government of the District of Columbia. (File No.: 263350)
The IEI is a "privately funded nonprofit drawing not just its name but inspiration and moral support from leading figures associated with the American Enterprise Institute," Laura Rozen wrote November 13, 2006, in The American Prospect.
"The Iran Enterprise Institute is directed by a newly arrived Iranian dissident whose cause has recently been championed by AEI fellow and former Pentagon advisor Richard Perle. Amir Abbas Fakhravar, 31, served time in Iran's notorious Evin prison before arriving in Washington in May , with Perle’s help. Fakhravar, who advocates U.S. intervention to promote secular democracy in Iran, now seeks Washington’s backing to lead an organization that would unite Iranian student dissidents," Rozen wrote.
"Incorporation papers received last week by the Washington, D.C., corporate registration office indicate that among those on the Iran Enterprise Institute's initial board of director are Fakhravar; Bijan Karimi, a professor of engineering at the University of New Haven; and Farzad Farahani, the Los Angeles-based half-brother of the U.S. leader of the exile Iranian political party," the Constitutionalist Party of Iran (CPI) in the United States of America, "which is closely tied with Fakhravar," Rozen wrote.
Related SourceWatch Resources
- American Iranian Council
- Foundation for Democracy in Iran
- Foundation for Iranian Studies
- Friends of a Free Iran
- Iran Democracy Foundation
- Iran Focus
- Iran-Syria Operations Group
- Iranian Directorate
- Middle East Partnership Initiative
- Office of Iranian Affairs
- The Coalition for Democracy in Iran
- violence in the Middle East
- war in Iran (regime change in Iran)
- "Petition to Free Political Prisoners in Iran," September 10, 2004. IranOmid website created by Action for Democracy in Iran (ADI) (Hassan Massali, Ph.D, Potomac, MD).
- "Demonstration Protesting Presence of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at the United Nations," Love America First Blogspot, September 15, 2005.
- "Statement by a Group of Iranian Personalities on the Atomic Crisis of the Islamic Republic of Iran," PetitionOnline, February 20, 2006.
- Eli Lake, "Iranian Dissident to Seek Support For Opposition," The New York Sun, May 9, 2006.
- "Petition to end torture in Iran's prisons," Ghazalomid.com, October 2006.
- Laura Rozen, "Has Washington found its Iranian Chalabi? Introducing the talented Mr. Fakhravar," MotherJones, October 6, 2006 (also in November/December 2006 Issue/posted October 26, 2006).
- Laura Rozen, "Iran Hawks Reorganize. Meet the Iran Enterprise Institute. Its name might sound familiar," The American Prospect, November 13, 2006.
- Laura Rozen, "Just out: Meet the Iran Enterprise Institute," War and Piece, November 13, 2006.
- Jeff Huber, "The Next 'Perle' Harbor: Here They Neo-come Again," ePluribus Media, November 14, 2006.