Iran Freedom Support Act
The Iran Freedom Support Act (109th Congress. H.R.282. "To hold the current regime in Iran accountable for its threatening behavior and to support a transition to democracy in Iran.") was introduced January 6, 2005, in the U.S. House of Representatives by Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Florida). 356 Co-Sponsors (posted on AIPAC website). Last action: September 30, 2004: Referred to the House Committee on International Relations. 
109th Congress. S.333 50 Co-Sponsors (posted on AIPAC website).
Among other items in the bill, H.R.6198 authorizes the President to:
"...provide financial and political assistance (including the award of grants) to foreign and domestic individuals, organizations, and entities working for the purpose of supporting and promoting democracy for Iran... Such assistance may include the award of grants to eligible independent pro-democracy radio and television broadcasting organizations that broadcast into Iran."
- "108th Congress. H.R. 2466. "To encourage democratic reform in Iran and to strengthen United States policy toward the current Government of Iran." (the Iran Freedom and Democracy Support Act), Introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives by Congressman Brad Sherman, June 12, 2003.
- "108th Congress. S.2681. "To establish a program to support a transition to democracy in Iran." (the Iran Freedom and Support Act of 2004), Introduced in the U.S. Senate by Congressmen Rick Santorum and John Cornyn, July 16, 2004. Last action: July 16, 2004: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations. 
- Kelley Beaucar Vlahos, "Capitol Hill Mulls 'Regime Change' in Iran," Fox News, February 4, 2005.
- Ron Strom, "Bill supporting freedom for Iran introduced. Santorum legislation gives $10 million to groups opposing regime," WorldNetDaily, February 11, 2005.
- "US Congressional Committee Approves Iran Democracy Promotion Legislation," Voice of America (iran.org), April 14, 2005.
- Leon Hadar, "Operation Iranian Freedom?Same director, similar script. We’re beginning to think we’ve seen this movie before …," The American Conservative, April 25, 2005.
- Action Alert: "Iran Freedom Support Act," Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland, May 24, 2005.
- Action Alert: "Iran Freedom Support Act – H.R. 282," Institute for Public Affairs, Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America, March 13, 2006.
- Nathan Guttman, "Congressional cmte. gets tough on Iran," Jerusalem Post, March 15, 2006: "The Iran Freedom Support Act was approved in the House International Relations Committee by a 37 to 3 majority, but despite the overwhelming support it gained, it is not yet clear when it will be brought to the House floor for a vote, mainly due to the administration's opposition to the new legislation."