See Wikipedia: Iraq for comprehensive info on the country of Iraq.
Iraq is a country between Syria to the west, Iran to the east, and Saudi Arabia to the south, with a capital city of Baghdad. Following the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, the Coalition Provisional Authority was established and an interim constitution signed in March 2004. On June 30, 2004, the Coalition Provisional Authority transferred 'sovereignty' to the Iraqi Interim Government. The Iraqi Transitional Government (ITG) was elected on January 30, 2005, pending the finalization of a new constitution in 2006.
Lobbying for Iraq
The PR firm Burson-Marsteller's lobbying unit, BKSH & Associates, "has added the Republic of Iraq to its client roster," reports O'Dwyer's. "The Washington, DC-based firm had worked for the [U.S.-funded] Iraqi National Congress opposition group during the reign of Saddam Hussein." Burson-Marsteller has already "helped the deputy military attache do outreach to key media outlets," including the Wall Street Journal and CNN, and has contacted the U.S. State Department and National Security Council on behalf of the Iraqi Embassy. 
The firm's Iraq contract also includes setting up editorial board meetings, placing op/ed pieces, and strengthening "ties with organizations like the American Enterprise Institute, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Council on Foreign Relations and Business Council for International Understanding." 
Resources and articles
SourceWatch resources on pre-occupation Iraq
Please see Post-war Iraq for a comprehensive list of topics pertaining to and during the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq.
- Coalition Provisional Authority
- Cradle of Civilization
- Future of Iraq Project (pre-occupation)
- Globalization of Iraq
- Iraq Research and Documentation Project
- Iraqi Civil Defense Corps
- Iraqi Embassy in U.S.
- Iraqi Intelligence Service
- Iraqi National Congress
- Iraq's oil industry
- Libyan oil industry
- New Iraq
- North Korea
- nuclear weapons
- Oil-for-Food Program
- Saudi Arabia
- Study Group on a New Israeli Strategy Toward 2000
- Trade Bank of Iraq
- Transitional Iraqi Government
- war on terrorism
- weapons of mass destruction
- Women for a Free Iraq
- Iraq, CIA World Factbook, accessed December 2010.
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection: Iraq Maps, University of Texas at Austin. Extensive online map collection: historical, pre-war, during military operations, and current.
- Compare 2008 US Presidential Candidates on Iraq, whereIstand.com, accessed January 2007.
- "BKSH Reps Iraq", O'Dwyer's PR Daily, February 9, 2006. (sub req'd)
- Robin Wright, "Iraq, 'Sinking Fast,' Is Ranked No. 2 on List of Unstable States," Washington Post, June 19, 2007.