Pegadapalli (Jaipur Mandal) power station
Pegadapalli (Jaipur Mandal) power station (also known as the Adilabad power station or the Jaipur power station) is an 1,800-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant under development in Telangana (formerly Andhra Pradesh), India.
The project is that is proposed by Singareni Collieries, India's second largest coal mining company. It was originally permitted as a 600 MW (2 x 300 MW) power station, according to the first Environmental Clearance issued October 28, 2009.
In April 2011, it was reported that Singareni Collieries had achieved financial closure for the $1.4-billion station, expected to be operational in April 2014. Of the 1200 MW, 150 MW would be earmarked for SCCL's use and the remaining 1050 MW would be sold to AP Transco.
Phase II expansion
According to Singareni Collieries, the Telangana government directed the company to set up the additional unit to address energy shortages in the state.
- Units 1-2: Operating
- Unit 3: Pre-permit development
Nameplate capacity: 1800 MW (Units 1-3: 600 MW)
Projected in service: 2016 (Units 1-2)
Coal Source: Srirampur Coalfields of SCCL
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing: Power Finance Corporation
Permits and applications: Environmental Clearance for two 300 MW units India MoEF, October 28, 2009; Environmental Clearance for two 600 MW units India MoEF, December 27, 2010; Terms of Reference for unit 3, India MoEF, May 27, 2015
Articles and resources
- SINGARENI THERMAL POWER PLANT, Wikimapia, accessed February 2014
- "J -13012/88/2008 -IA.II(T)," Environmental Clearance, Ministry of Environment and Forests, October 28, 2009
- "J-13012/88/2008-IA.II (T)," Environmental Clearance, Ministry of Environment and Forests, December 27, 2010
- Monthly Broad Status Report, India Ministry of Power, November 2016
- "SSCL achieves financial closure for Adilabad power plant" IBN Live, April 1, 2011.
- "Bids invited for Singareni power project," Projects Today, March 12, 2014.
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," India CEA, November 2015
- "Singareni thermal power plant synchronised," Hans India, Mar 14, 2016
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," Government of India Ministry of Power, July 2016
- Form 1, India MoEF, Mar 12, 2015
- Terms of Reference, India MoEF, May 27, 2015
- "Application for Form 1," Singareni Collieries, March 10, 2015
- "Singareni Collieries Co to set up 600 MW thermal power plant at Jaipur Village," Thermal Power, accessed January 2012