Pegadapalli (Jaipur Mandal) power station
Pegadapalli (Jaipur Mandal) power station (also known as the Adilabad power station or the Jaipur power station) is a proposed 1200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Telangana, formerly Andhra Pradesh, India.
An additional 600 MW has been proposed.
The map below shows the construction site as identified in Wikimapia, near the city of Ramagundam. The location is about 30 km north of the location described in the 2009 Environmental Clearance.
The project is that is proposed by Singareni Collieries, India's second largest coal mining company. It was originally permitted as a 600 MW (2 x 300 MW) power station, according to the first Environmental Clearance issued October 28, 2009.
In April 2011, it was reported that Singareni Collieries had achieved financial closure for the $1.4-billion station, expected to be operational in April 2014. Of the 1200 MW, 150 MW would be earmarked for SCCL's use and the remaining 1050 MW would be sold to AP Transco.
In March 2014 Singareni Collieries Company invited bids for construction of the 1200 MW power station.
Phase II expansion
- Units 1-2: Construction
- Unit 3: Announced
Nameplate capacity: 1800 MW (Units 1-3: 600 MW)
Projected in service:
Coal Source: Srirampur Coalfields of SCCL
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing: Power Finance Corporation
Permits: Environmental Clearance for two 300 MW units (October 28, 2009); Environmental Clearance for two 600 MW units (December 27, 2010)
Articles and resources
- SINGARENI THERMAL POWER PLANT, Wikimapia, accessed February 2014
- "J -13012/88/2008 -IA.II(T)," Environmental Clearance, Ministry of Environment and Forests, October 28, 2009
- "J-13012/88/2008-IA.II (T)," Environmental Clearance, Ministry of Environment and Forests, December 27, 2010
- "World Electric Power Plants Database,", Platts, September 2013. The database is not available online but can be purchased from Platts.
- "SSCL achieves financial closure for Adilabad power plant" IBN Live, April 1, 2011.
- "Bids invited for Singareni power project," Projects Today, March 12, 2014.
- Form 1, India MoEF, Mar 12, 2015
- "Singareni Collieries Co to set up 600 MW thermal power plant at Jaipur Village," Thermal Power, accessed January 2012