Pegadapalli (Jaipur Mandal) power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of India and coal.|
Pegadapalli (Jaipur Mandal) power station (also known as the Adilabad power station or the Jaipur power station) is a 1200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant that is being built by Singareni Collieries in Andhra Pradesh, India.
The map below shows the construction site as identified in Wikimapia, near the city of Ramagundam. The location is about 30 km north of the location described in the 2009 Environmental Clearance.
The project was originally permitted as a 600 MW (2 x 300 MW) power station, according to the first Environmental Clearance issued October 28, 2009.  In December 2010 a new Environmental Clearance was issued for a 1200 MW (2 x 600 MW) project. The project is under construction.
In April 2011, it was reported that India's second largest coal mining company, Singareni Collieries (SCCL), had achieved financial closure for its $1.4-billion station in Adilabad district, Andhra Pradesh. It is expected to be operational in April 2014. Of the 1200 MW, 150 MW would be earmarked for SCCL's use and the remaining 1050 MW would be sold to AP Transco.
Sponsor: Singareni Collieries
Location: Pegadapalli village, Jaipur Mandal, Adilabad district, Andhra Pradesh, India
Coordinates: 18.8270561, 79.5702839 (exact)
Status: Unit 1: Construction; Unit 2: Construction
Nameplate capacity: Unit 1: 600 MW; Unit 2: 600 MW
Projected in service: 2014
Coal Source: Srirampur Coalfields of SCCL
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing: Power Finance Corporation
Permits: Environmental Clearance (October 28, 2009); Environmental Clearance (December 27, 2010)
Articles and resources
- SINGARENI THERMAL POWER PLANT, Wikimapia, accessed February 2014
- "J -13012/88/2008 -IA.II(T)," Environmental Clearance, Ministry of Environment and Forests, October 28, 2009
- "J-13012/88/2008-IA.II (T)," Environmental Clearance, Ministry of Environment and Forests, December 27, 2010
- "World Electric Power Plants Database,", Platts, September 2013. The database is not available online but can be purchased from Platts.
- "SSCL achieves financial closure for Adilabad power plant" IBN Live, April 1, 2011.
- "Singareni Collieries Co to set up 600 MW thermal power plant at Jaipur Village," Thermal Power, accessed January 2012