James L. Greenfield
James L. Greenfield is president of the Independent Journalism Foundation.
Former Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs. 
- Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs
- Name: James L. Greenfield
- State of Residency: District of Columbia
- Non-career appointee
- Appointment: Aug 17, 1964
- Entry on Duty: Sep 10, 1964
- Termination of Appointment: Mar 12, 1966
In September 1969 Time Magazine reported that "Rosenthal announced in a memorandum effective Oct. 1, the Times's new foreign editor would be none other than James L. Greenfield." 
In 1995 he was a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
He also serves on the media advisory council for IREX.
- Director, Foundation for a Civil Society