Jhabua Power Seoni power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of India and coal.|
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant site, according to Wikimapia. The location is about 10 km north-northwest of Ghansore in the Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh, India.
The project is located in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh in India.
Phase 1 of the project is a 600 MW subcritical unit. This stage is in construction as of late 2011 with commissioning slated for January 2013. According to a timeline posted on the Avantha website, construction began in April 2011 and was ongoing in May 2013.
Phase 2 of the project is a 660 MW supercritical unit. The sponsor was soliciting bids for this phase in February 2012.
Sponsor: Avantha Power and Infrastructure
Location: Barela and Gorakhpur villages, about 10 km north-northwest of Ghansore in the Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh, India
Coordinates: 22.7354787, 79.9123406 (exact)
- Phase I: Construction
- Phase II: Pre-permit development
Nameplate capacity and type of technology:
Projected in service:
- Phase I: 2013
- Phase II:
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Permits and applications:
- Phase II: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, Dec 8, 2010
- Phase II: Environmental Impact Assessment, May 30, 2013
Articles and resources
- "22.735340 79.912491," Wikimapia, accessed November 2013
- Jhabua Power Limited, "Notice inviting bids", Avanthi Power and Infrastructure website, accessed November 2011.
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, September 2012
- "Jhahuba Power Limited: Recent Activities," Avantha Power & Infrastructure, accessed November 2013
Related SourceWatch articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|