Jhabua Power Seoni power station
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant site, according to Wikimapia. The location is about 10 km north-northwest of Ghansore in the Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh, India.
The project is located in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh in India.
According to a timeline posted on the Avantha website, construction began in April 2011 and was ongoing in May 2013.
In 2012 it was reported that construction of unit 1 was facing delays due to opposition from local residents "right from the beginning." The project had resistance from farmers over land acquisition, who have alleged inadequate compensation and high handedness by the plant authorities, leading to protests.
According to the EIA for phase II in May 2013, Unit 1 was still under construction.
Unit 1 is planned for commissioning in December 2015, according to the India Ministry of Power.
Phase 2 of the project is a 660 MW supercritical unit. The sponsor was soliciting bids for this phase in February 2012.
Phase II received environmental clearance in August 2014.
Sponsor: Avantha Power and Infrastructure
Location: Barela and Gorakhpur villages, about 10 km north-northwest of Ghansore in the Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh, India
Coordinates: 22.7354787, 79.9123406 (exact)
- Phase I: Construction
- Phase II: Permitted
Nameplate capacity and type of technology:
Projected in service: 2015 (Unit 1)
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Permits and applications:
- Phase II: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, Dec 8, 2010
- Phase II: Environmental Impact Assessment, May 30, 2013
- Phase II: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, Aug 21, 2014
Articles and resources
- "22.735340 79.912491," Wikimapia, accessed November 2013
- Jhabua Power Limited, "Notice inviting bids", Avanthi Power and Infrastructure website, accessed November 2011.
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, September 2012
- "Jhahuba Power Limited: Recent Activities," Avantha Power & Infrastructure, accessed November 2013
- "Fresh trouble at Jhabua Power Plant," TNN, Sep 27, 2012.
- Environmental Impact Assessment, May 30, 2013
- "Revised Cods for coal based thermal power plants as on 23.03.2015," India Ministry of Power, March 23, 2015
- Environmental clearance, India MoEF, Aug 21, 2014
Related SourceWatch articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|