John C. Whitehead
John C. Whitehead was born in Evanston, Illinois, in 1922 and served as deputy secretary of state from 1985 to 1989. In 1981 he set up the Whitehead Foundation.
- Recipient of the 2005 NED Democracy Service Medal 
- Honoree of the 2004 David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award 
- BA Haverford College, 1943
- MBA Harvard University, 1947
- Co-Chairman and Senior Partner of Goldman Sachs
- Director and Chairman of the Securities Industry Association
- Director of the New York Stock Exchange
- member of the Blue Ribbon Committee on Improving the Effectiveness of Corporate Audit Committees
- Chairman of the Brookings Institution
- Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of NY
- Chairman of AEA Investors, Inc.
- member of the Senior Advisory Board of Alexis de Tocqueville Institution's Committee for the Common Defense
- In 2001 he was a member of the Aspen Institute / Nonprofit Sector Strategy Group
- Advisory Board, Common Good
- Advisory Board, George C. Marshall Foundation
- Advisory Board, Partnership for a Secure America
- Advisory Council, Grameen Foundation 
- National Advisory Board, Youth, I.N.C.
- Chairman, Lower Manhattan Development Corporation (LMDC)
- Associate, Democratic Century Fund
- Chairman, The Goldman Sachs Foundation
- Board of Governors, Partnership for Public Service
- Board of Counselors for the Arabic media group Layalina Productions
- Founder and board member of the Business Humanitarian Forum
- Director, Business Executives for National Security
- Director, East-West Institute
- Director, International Rescue Committee
- US Director, Jerusalem Foundation
- Director, World Trade Center Memorial Foundation (Founding Chairman)
- Trustee of the Council for Excellence in Government
- Trustee, Bridgespan Group 
- Leadership Council, New America Foundation
- Trustee Emeriti, J. Paul Getty Trust
- U.S.-Japan Leadership Program - Advisory Board, United States-Japan Foundation
- International Board, International Centre for Democratic Transition (accessed Sept 07)
- International Advisory Board, Freeman-Spogli Institute 
- Emeriti Trustee, Rockefeller University 
- Founding Cochair, Committee to Encourage Corporate Philanthropy 
- International Board of Governors, Peres Center for Peace 
- Advisory Council (2008), Technoserve 
- Director, American Council for Capital Formation 
Resources and articles
- ↑ Democracy Service Medal, NED, accessed September 14, 2007.
- ↑ David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award Honorees, Synergos Institute, accessed December 4, 2011.
- ↑ Advisory Council, Grameen Foundation, accessed December 11, 2007.
- ↑ Board of Trustees, Bridgespan Group, accessed April 7, 2011.
- ↑ International Advisory Board, Freeman-Spogli Institute, accessed October 21, 2007.
- ↑ Trustees, Rockefeller University, accessed December 28, 2007.
- ↑ Directors, Committee to Encourage Corporate Philanthropy, accessed November 4, 2009.
- ↑ International Board of Governors, Peres Center for Peace, accessed February 19, 2010.
- ↑ 2007 Annual Report, Technoserve, accessed February 20, 2010.
- ↑ Directors, American Council for Capital Formation, accessed May 9, 2010.
- >> Bio in Brief: John C. Whitehead, Hallways Story, January 27, 2003
- Committee to Examine Corporate Governance Issues in Wake of Enron Corp. Failure, February 20, 2002
- John C. Whitehead, MotherJones.com, April 1996
- http://diplomacy.shu.edu/templates/whitehead_gala.html School of Diplomacy and International Relations Named for Statesman John C. Whitehead]
- John C. Whitehead, Chairman, The Goldman Sachs Foundation, 2004
- John C. Whitehead LMDC Chairman, Common Cause, New York