John Deere Dubuque Power Plant
John Deere Dubuque Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by John Deere near Dubuque, Iowa. The plant provides power to John Deere's Dubuque agricultural machinery manufacturing facility.
- Owner/Parent Company: John Deere
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 14.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 3.5 MW (1949), 7.5 MW (1964), 3.0 MW (1989)
- Location: 18600 South John Deere Rd., Dubuque, IA 52001
- GPS Coordinates: 42.569682, -90.686265
- Electricity Production: 24,680 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 18,623 tons (2006), 97,074.46 (2008)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Iowa Operating Permit Application, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|