John Deere Harvester Power Plant
John Deere Harvester Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by John Deere in East Moline, Illinois. The plant provides power to John Deere's harvester manufacturing facility.
- Owner/Parent Company: John Deere
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 10.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 2.0 MW (1940), 2.5 MW (1949), 3.0 MW (1951), 2.5 MW (1960)
- Location: 1100 13th Ave., East Moline, IL 61244
- GPS Coordinates: 41.524376, -90.43693
- Electricity Production: 13,113 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 29,895 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|