Help Shine the Light of Transparency on ALEC
Joshua Muravchik is a Resident Scholar of the conservative think tank, the American Enterprise Institute. Muravchik is one of the early neocons, and has a family relationship with other neocons. Muravchik is a signatory to the Project for the New American Century.
Muravchik is signatory to multiple letters published by the Project for a New American Century (or PNAC), Muravchik has "been associated with a string of hawkish pressure groups supporting George W. Bush's ininterventionist policies in the middle east".
In November 2006, Muravchik called for a bomb attack on Iran:
- If Tehran establishes dominance in the region, then the battlefield might move to Southeast Asia or Africa or even parts of Europe, as the mullahs would try to extend their sway over other Muslim peoples. In the end, we would no doubt win, but how long this contest might last and what toll it might take are anyone's guess.
- The only way to forestall these frightening developments is by the use of force. Not by invading Iran as we did Iraq, but by an air campaign against Tehran's nuclear facilities.
- American Committee for Peace in the Caucasus - Member
- American Enterprise Institute
- Coalition for a Democratic Majority - Executive Director (1977-1979)
- Committee for the Liberation of Iraq
- Committee on the Present Danger
- Dialogue International – Advisory Board
- Fikra Forum – Contributor
- Freedom House Board of Trustees
- Institute of World Politics
- Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs
- Journal of Democracy, Editorial Board
- Henry Jackson Society Project for Democratic Geopolitics - International Patron
- New Atlantic Initiative - International Advisory Board
- Orbis - Member, Editorial Board
- Project for the New American Century(or PNAC) – signatory
- Social Democrats USA National Advisory Council
- Task Force In Support of Arab Democracy, member
- Washington Institute for Near East Policy - Adjunct Scholar (1986-current)
- World Affairs journal, Editorial Board
- Joshua Muravchik, Bomb Iran, Los Angeles Times, November 19, 2006
- Covering the Intifada: How the Media Reported the Palestinian Uprising, The Washington Institute for Near East Policy, July 2003. ISBN: 0-944029-85-X *Heaven on earth: The Rise and Fall of Socialism, Encounter Books, January 2002. ISBN: 1893554783
- The Imperative of American Leadership: A Challenge to Neo-Isolationism, AEI Press, March 1996. ISBN: 0-8447-3958-8
Resources and articles
- ↑ Right Web: Joshua Muravchik: Profile (Accessed: 11 February 2012)
- ↑ Joshua Muravchik, Bomb Iran, Los Angeles Times, 19 November 2006.
- ↑ Editorial Board & Staff, Journal of Democracy, accessed 24 September 2007.
- ↑ Officers and National Committee Members, Social Democrats USA, accessed October 14, 2008.
- ↑ Editorial Board, World Affairs, accessed January 19, 2011.