Karnataka Power Corporation
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of India and coal.|
The Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd is a Karnataka government owned power generation company.
Coal power plants
Karnataka Power Corporation's existing and proposed coal plants include:
- Bellary Thermal Power Station, a 500MW power station which is located at Kudatini, Bellary District. A further 500MW expansion is currently under construction with Bellary 3, a further 700MW expansion has been foreshadowed.
- Chalmapura power station, a proposed 1,000 MW power station to be built at Chamalapura in Mysore district, Karnataka.
- Raichur Thermal Power Station is a 1470 megawatt coal-fired power station. The power station comprises 7 units of 210 MW capacity each. An additional 210MW unit is currently under construction.
- Website: http://www.karnatakapower.com/
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Platts, "World Electric Power Plants Database, September 2011", accessed November 2011. The database is not available online but a downloadable spreadsheet can be purchased.
- "Unit III of Bellary power station by 2014", Business Standard, February 14, 2011.
- Karnataka Power Corporation, "Raichur Thermal Power Station", Karnataka Power Corporation website, accessed November 2011.