Knowledge of addictiveness
Enter below documents that indicate tobacco company knowledge of the addictiveness of nicotine:
- "Moreover, nicotine is addictive..."(Brown & Williamson, 1963)
- Attorney Work Product For Use of Counsel Only. Privlog: DRAFT REPORT FROM PHILIP MORRIS OUTSIDE LITIGATION COUNSEL TO PHILIP MORRIS IN-HOUSE COUNSEL REGARDING SUMMARY OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ARTICLES ON NICOTINE (Philip Morris, undated)
- Proposed Study by Levy (Philip Morris memo, 1977)
- Electromyographic Studies of Muscle Relaxation in Smokers (Philip Morris, 1972)
- Untitled memo about addiction issue (In essence, "It's not free choice if you're addicted," Tobacco Institute, 1980)
- Future Consumer Reaction to Nicotine (1978 Brown & Williamson memo)
- Why One Smokes (Philip Morris, 1969)
- Nixon v Philip Morris Australia Limited & Ors Contains a chart, on Pages 4-20, of quotes indicating industry awareness of the addictive properties of nicotine, starting in 1954.
- Privileged and Confidential Presentation to the Board: March 30, 1994
- Some Comments About the CTR Program("...[W]e are in the process of digging our own grave..." 1977 PM memo)
- Nicotine Augmentation Project (Lorillard)
- Brown & Williamson document titled "Environment"