Lawrence A. Hunter
Dr. Lawrence A. Hunter is a Senior Fellow at the Institute for Policy Innovation and Chief Economist for the Free Enterprise Fund.  He was previously Chief Economist at Empower America and FreedomWorks. 
Hunter "works closely with the Congressional leadership, testifies before Congress, speaks frequently before business and citizens groups, is quoted often in major newspapers and makes frequent television and radio appearances." 
Hunter "served as a member of Presidential candidate Bob Dole's Task Force on Tax Reduction and Tax Reform. During the 103rd and 104th Congresses, Dr. Hunter served on the staff of the Joint Economic Committee, first as Republican Staff Director and later as the Chief Economic Advisor to the Vice Chairman where he was the lead staff person in charge of putting together the economic growth and tax cut component of the Contract With America." 
Hunter was with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce "for five years where he served first as Deputy Chief Economist and later as Chief Economist and Vice President" prior to joining the Joint Economic Committee staff in 1993. 
Dr. Hunter graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and received his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota in 1981.
- Political advisor to Jack Kemp
- Independent consultant for United Seniors Association
- Independent consultant for Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Former executive director, Alliance for Retirement Prosperity
"'So far, the Bush administration has made a hash of its campaign,' said Lawrence A. Hunter, chief economist of Empower America, an ally of Mr. Bush on Social Security reform. 'It's almost like we're afraid to lay out the facts and trust the American people.'" --Washington Times, March 3, 2005.
"Dr. Hunter has published extensively on such topics as economic growth, privatization of social security, tax reform and constitutional reform." 
- With Steve Conover, "Who's Afraid of the National Debt?" Institute for Policy Innovation, July 2001.
- With Dan R. Mastromarco, "The 'U.S. Anti-Savings Directive'", Tax Notes, December 23, 2002.
- "Reducing Government Consumption, Increasing Personalwealth," IPI Center for Economic Growth, July 12, 2004.
- Dr. Lawrence Hunter Executive Director (cache), Alliance for Retirement Prosperity, 2003.
- Lawrence A. Hunter, Research Fellow, Institute for Policy Innovation (accessed April 13, 2006).
Articles & Commentary
- James G. Lakely and Stephen Dinan, "Allies fault Bush on Social Security," Washington Times, March 3, 2005: "