Leiyang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Leiyang power station is a 1,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hunan Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Leiyang City, Hengnang Prefecture, Hunan Province.
Background on Plant
- Sponsor: China Datang Corp
- Parent company: Datang
- Location: Leiyang City, Hengnang Prefecture, Hunan Province, China
- Coordinates: 26.3844811, 112.8585008 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 200 MW; Units 3 & 4: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1988-89 (Units 1 & 2); 2004 (Units 3 & 4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants Financed by International Public Investment Institutions Since 1994", Appendix to Foreclosing the Future: Coal, Climate and International Public Finance: Investment in coal-fired power plants hinders the fight against global warming, Environmental Defense, April 2009.