Levick Strategic Communications
Levick Strategic Communications is a public relations firm owned by Richard S. Levick. It has handled the media on high-profile matters, including Napster, the Florida election recount, the Catholic Church during its sex-abuse scandals, the tobacco industry, prisoner detentions at Guantanamo, and the Rosie O’Donnell/Rosie magazine lawsuit.
In the Catholic scandal, he told PR News, he represented a particular order of the Catholic Church that wanted to avoid being mentioned in connection with the scandal. "Our call came from an order in Rome a week before the bishops were scheduled to have their meeting there," he said. "Half an hour into a call with the order's American schools, one of the priests said, 'We cannot leave the seminary. It is surrounded by camera crews.' One of the fathers on the phone from the United States [in Connecticut] said, 'We have camera crews here, too, and we cannot leave.'" As a result of his work, he boasted, "The story, which should have been the global focus of news, virtually never appeared. There was a tiny bit on TV and one story in a little local paper, but the story died away, and a few weeks later, there was a favorable story about the order on a New York TV network."
Levick is the author of a book, titled Stop the Presses: The Litigation PR Desk Reference, ISBN 0975998501.
Their work includes: 
- Crisis, litigation, liability & recall
- Corporate & finance, "Levick counselors include SEC and DOJ alumni as well as corporate and start-up veterans who know the messages that must be sent"
- Diversity issues in the work place
- Public affairs & regulatory
Income and Employee Totals
O'Dwyer's PR lists Levick as earning $8,547,217 in net fees in 2007, up 28% on the previous year. It notes the firm has 37 employees. 
PR Week ranked Levick as the forty-fourth largest independent PR agency in the United States in 2008, with 2007 revenue of $8,547,217, a 28% increase from the previous year's total revenue of $6,672,644. The ranking also notes its staff total of 53 (2006 total: 24), with $161,268 in revenue per employee.
From their website:
- Richard S. Levick, President and CEO
- Patricia Ramsay, Chief Financial Officer, graduated from George Mason University, served as a precinct Assistant Chief Judge in the 2004 National Election
- David Bartlett, Senior Vice President
- Steve Ellis, Senior Vice President
- Gene Grabowski, Senior Vice President
- Michael Konczal, Senior Vice President
- Michael W. Robinson, Senior Vice President
- Larry Smith, Senior Vice President
- Greg Wilson, Senior Vice President
From O'Dwyer's PR website:
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Dollar Tree
- GE Healthcare
- Lorillard Tobacco Co.
- Pet Food Institute
- Smithfield Foods
Richard S. Levick
Levick Strategic Communications
1900 M Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 973-1300
Fax: (202) 973-1301
Email: rlevick AT levick.com
- "PR News Names Three PR Professionals of the Year," PR News, December 23, 2002.
- Richard S. Levick, "A Virtual Omnipresent Enemy: Defending Clients against Internet Blog Attacks," Legal PR Bulletin, 2005.
- Practice Areas, Levick Strategic Communications, accessed May 2008.
- 2007 Worldwide Fees of Independent Firms With Major U.S. Operations, O'Dwyer's PR, accessed May 2008.
- "2008 Agency Rankings," PR Week, 28 April 2008.
- Team, Levick Strategic Communications, accessed May 2008.
- Levick Strategic Communications, O'Dwyer's PR, accessed May 2008.