Ligang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Ligang power station (中信股份利港发电厂) is a 3,960-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jiangsu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Jiangyin City, Wuxi Prefecture, Jiangsu Province.
Background on Plant
- Sponsor: CITIC Pacific Ltd
- Parent company:
- Location: Jiangyin City, Wuxi Prefecture, Jiangsu Province, China
- Coordinates: 31.940813, 120.0766476 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 3,960 MW
- Phase I Units 1 & 2: 350 MW
- Phase II Units 1 & 2: 370 MW
- Phase III Units 1-4: 630 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1993 (Phase I); 1998 (Phase II); 2006-07 (Phase III)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants Financed by International Public Investment Institutions Since 1994", Appendix to Foreclosing the Future: Coal, Climate and International Public Finance: Investment in coal-fired power plants hinders the fight against global warming, Environmental Defense, April 2009.