Lincoln Diaz Balart
Lincoln Diaz-Balart, a Republican, is a former U.S. Representative for the 21st Congressional District of Florida, having served 1993 to 2011. He did not seek reelection. He was succeeded by his brother, Republican Mario Diaz Balart.(map) 
- 1 Record and controversies
- 2 Biography
- 3 Money in politics
- 4 Committees and affiliations
- 5 More background data
- 6 Former contact
- 7 Articles and resources
Record and controversies
For more information on environmental legislation, see the Energy and Environment Policy Portal
Diaz-Balart was born in Havana,Cuba on August 13, 1954. He is the son of Cuban politician Rafael Diaz-Balart, and a former nephew by marriage of Fidel Castro. He was educated at American School of Madrid, Madrid, Spain, New College of Florida, Cambridge University, and Case Western Reserve University. He was a lawyer and a state legislator before entering the House.
He is active in the Free Cuba movement.
His brother, Mario Diaz-Balart, is also a congressman, representing the 25th district of Florida.
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. <crpcontribdata>cid=N00002872&cycle=2006</crpcontribdata>
|Links to more campaign contribution information for Lincoln Diaz Balart
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
- Revolving door profile for Lincoln Diaz Balart from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- 2006 privately funded travel profile for Lincoln Diaz Balart from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- Personal finance profile for Lincoln Diaz Balart from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
Committees and affiliations
Committee assignments in the 109th Congress (2005-2006)
- House Committee on Rules
- Subcommittee on the Legislative and Budget Process - Chair
More background data
District Office - Miami:
8525 Northwest 53rd Terrace, Suite 102
Miami, FL 33166
Articles and resources
- Lincoln Diaz-Balart profile, The Washington Post, accessed January 2011.
- Jay Nordlinger, "Meet the Diaz-Balarts: A couple of Castro's 'nephews' — in Congress" National Review, March 10, 2003.
- Matt Taibbi, "The Whining Minority. Republican congressman turns from bully to baby," The Beast, April 2007.
Local blogs and discussion sites
|Current Office: U.S. House of Representatives|
Ranking Member On:
Ranking Member On:
|Committees: House Committee on Rules, House Committee on Rules/Subcommittee on the Legislative and Budget Process|
|First Elected to Current Office:
November 3, 1992
|First Took Current Office:
January 3, 1993
November 2, 2010
|Previous Political Work?
Flordia Senate, Florida House of Representatives
|Other Party Membership:|
|Zip Code Affiliations:|
Date of Birth: August 13, 1954