Lively Grove Mine
Lively Grove Mine is part of the $4 billion Prairie State Energy Campus near Marissa in Washington County, Illinois. The underground mine will supply about 6 million tons of high-sulfur coal annually to the 1,600-megawatt plant. The first 800-megawatt unit is slated for commercial operation in late 2011, and the second in the summer of 2012. Digging at the mine is expected to commence in 2011. A permit has been issued to Peabody Energy.
- Owner: Peabody Energy
- Parent company: Peabody Energy
- Location: Washington County, Illinois
- GPS coordinates:
- Production: 6 million tons (projected)
- Type of coal: Low-sulfur
- Mine type: Underground
- Number of employees:
- Recoverable Reserves:
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Illinois and coal
- Proposed coal mines
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- ↑ "New Illinois Mines Could Boost State’s Production" Coal Age, March 24, 2011.
- ↑ "New Mine Developments Signal a Future that Shines Bright" Conveyor: A Newsletter for Peabody Energy Employees and Stakeholders 4.1, 2006.