Tony Hall (UK)
"Tony Hall is the Chair of the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad Board which is a committee of the LOCOG Board. Tony became Chief Executive of the Royal Opera House in April 2001.
"Since that time, he has overseen a period of sound financial management providing a secure foundation enabling the breadth of artistic activities at the Royal Opera House. He has led the setting up of new initiatives to widen access to the Royal Opera House and its work, including free BP Summer Big Screens to venues throughout the UK.
"Until 2001, Tony was Chief Executive BBC News and launched Radio 5 Live, Britain’s first 24 hour News and Sport Radio channel, BBC News 24, BBC News Online and BBC Parliament. At present, he is a member of the London Cultural Strategy Group, Deputy Chair of Channel 4 Television, a Trustee of the British Council and the Paul Hamlyn Foundation. In 2005, Tony became a Commander of the British Empire (CBE) and in February 2010 was appointed to the House of Lords." 
- Director General, BBC (as of March 2013)
- Director, London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Director, Channel 4 
- Trustee, Foundation Years Trust 
Resources and articles
- Tony Hall, Royal Opera House, guardian.co.uk, accessed June 29, 2010.
- London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Board, organizational web page, accessed June 20, 2012.
- 2009 Annual Report, Channel 4, accessed June 29, 2010.
- Foundation Years Trust PEople, organizational web page, accessed December 12, 2014.