Malcolm Wallop was born in New York City, February 27, 1933. He graduated from Yale University in 1954 with a Bachelor of Arts degree. Mr. Wallop was Senator from Wyoming from 1977 to 1995; upon retiring, he founded Frontiers of Freedom.
Frontiers of Freedom
Wallop is the chairman of Frontiers of Freedom (FOF), a non-profit organization he established in January of 1995 immediately after retiring from the Senate.
Frontiers of Freedom and tobacco
See the "Frontiers of Freedom and Tobacco" section of Frontiers of Freedom for more information. (The information below should probably be moved there.)
Frontiers of Freedom is a tobacco industry funded group.   In a 1996 memo, Jeff Taylor of Frontiers of Freedom writes to Alexander White Spears, III of Lorillard Inc. to solicit funding. Taylor describes the activities in which FOF had engaged to attack the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's efforts to regulate the tobacco industry. The memo also shows how FOF managed to generate a clamor among Congressmembers for the praise of the relatively new group. The memo says,
- One sure gauge of our growth took place recently when we presented 15 members of Congress with our 'Defender of Freedom' award. When we returned to the office, we had calls from a handful of other Members asking why they had not been recognized by Frontiers.
Commercial (board memberships)
Wallop sits on the boards of Hubbell, Inc., El Paso Energy Company, and Sheridan State Bank.
- Member, Task Force on the United Nations
- Member, 'Congressional Advisory Board' of the Center on Regulation and Economic Growth of the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution (AdTI) in 1994 and 1995. 
- Malcolm Wallop, the chapter "The Environment: Air, Water & Public Lands," in:
"A Changing America: Conservatives View the '80s from the United States Senate", edited by Paul Laxalt and Richard S. Williamson, Regnery/Gateway, 1980, ISBN 0895268922
- Malcolm Wallop and Angelo Codevilla, "The Arms Control Delusion", San Francisco: ICS Press, October 1, 1987, ISBN 091761691X
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- WALLOP, Malcolm, Biographical Directory of the American Congress
- Senator Malcolm Wallop: Biography, Frontiers of Freedom
<tdo>resource_id=33615 resource_code=wallop_malcolm search_term=Malcolm Wallop</tdo>