Mariann S. Davies
Attorney Mariann S. Davies is Vice Chair of FAIR's anti-illegal-immigrant front group "You Don't Speak for Me!" and cofounder of the Kitchen Table Patriots with good friend Anastasia Przybylski, with whom she organized the Bucks County (Pennsylvania) Tea Party.
Przybylski appears in a Jan. 15 2010 New York Times article on a Tea Party push to take control of the Republican party.
Also on Jan. 15 2010, the website of the group they founded, the Kitchen Table Patriots, was promoting an upcoming Citizen Lobby Training to be conducted by the largely Scaife-funded conservative advocacy group FreedomWorks.
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Our Story. You Don't Speak for Me. Retrieved on 2010-01-15. “Mariann Davies, Vice Chair”
- Gary Weckselblatt (2009-12-23). PhillyBurbs.com: Obama Kool-Aid or conservative tea?. The Intelligencer. Retrieved on 2010-01-15. “Przybylski and good friend Mariann Davies began the Kitchen Table Patriots, a conservative group concerned with America's ballooning national debt. They organized the Washington Crossing [Bucks County PA] Tea Party, and to show how new to the game they were, they began by calling it a "pork roast and tea party," said Przybylski, who developed the group's Web site, thekitchentablepatriots.com, though she could "barely cut and paste before I started." She was inspired by CNBC business reporter Rick Santelli's words last February, bemoaning that "the government is promoting bad behavior" with the mortgage bailout plan. It clearly resonated with many Americans like Przybylski, and made him a viral video star.”
- Kate Zernike (2010-01-14). In Power Push, Movement Sees Base in G.O.P.. NYTimes.com. Retrieved on 2010-01-15. “Now, Tea Party activists are trying to take over the establishment, ground up. "We kind of changed the rules," said Anastasia Przybylski, one of the organizers. ...At one extreme are militia members who have shown up at meetings wearing guns and suggesting that institutions like the Federal Reserve be eliminated. At the other are those like Ms. Przybylski, who describes herself as "just a stay-at-home mom" who became agitated about the federal stimulus package.”
- FreedomWorks funders, 2006. Media Matters Action Network. Retrieved on 2010-01-28. “Sarah Scaife Foundation $200,000”
- Citizen Lobby Training. Kitchen Table Patriots. Retrieved on 2010-01-15. “Kitchen Table Patriots is hosting a special lobbying class conducted by Freedomworks. Attend this class to learn how to more effectively take part in our local, state, and national political process. Date: January 30th; Time: 9am to 4pm lunch included; Cost: $25.00”