Mark Dowie "is the author of five other books and is the recipient of sixteen journalism awards, including three National Magazine Awards." 
The Food Rights Network released a major investigative report involding Mark Dowie on July 9, 2010 titled: Chez Sludge: How the Sewage Sludge Industry Bedded Alice Waters.  It examines collusion between the Chez Panisse Foundation and the SFPUC based on an extensive open records investigation of the SFPUC internal files. (To view the internal documents see: SFPUC Sludge Controversy Timeline.)
- Mark Dowie, Losing Ground: American Environmentalism at the Close of the Twentieth Century, (Cambridge: MIT Press, 1995)
- Mark Dowie, American Foundations: An Investigative History Cambridge: MIT Press, 2002)
- Mark Dowie, Conservation Refugees: The Hundred-Year Conflict between Global Conservation and Native Peoples (MIT Press, May 2009).
- Mark Dowie, "Conservation Refugees", Orion magazine, November/December 2005.
- Mark Dowie, "Hegemony or Harmony?", Resurgence, September/October 2008.
- Michael Barker, "An Abrupt Interview With Mark Dowie", Swans Commentary, June 12, 2010. (Foundation related)