Mark Andrew Green was a Republican member of the U. S. House of Representatives representing the Eighth Congressional District of Wisconsin (map) from 1999 to 2007. He served as an Assistant Majority Whip in the 109th Congress.
Green was born June 1, 1960 and raised in South Africa. He received a bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in 1983 and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1987. After graduating, Green attended the Navy's Aviation Officer Candidate School, dropping out after five days. He has been on record denying, then later admitting his brief service.
Green served for six years in the Wisconsin State Assembly before being elected to the House in 1998.
Green announced he would not seek re-election to Congress in 2006 and would instead run for Governor of Wisconsin against Democratic incumbent Jim Doyle. He ultimately lost to Doyle.
Meet the Cash Constituents
|Links to more campaign contribution information for Mark Green
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
Controversies and Voting Record
Green voted for the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 that started the Iraq War.
Committees and Affiliations
Committees in the 109th Congress (2005-2006)
- House Committee on International Relations
- Subcommittee on Africa Global Human Rights and International Operations
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law
- Subcommittee on the Constitution
- Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security
- Full Committee Task Force on Antitrust
- Advisory Board, Conservation Caucus Foundation 
Articles and Resources
- Official website
- Campaign website
- Mark Green's questionable campaign finance practices
- Green's military career
- The Mark Green Game (Anti-Green Site)
- "Green Acknowledges Use Of Actors In New TV Ad", Associated Press, September 16, 2006.
Local blogs and discussion sites
More Background Data
District Office- Appleton:
609A West College Avenue
Appleton, WI 54911
District Office- Green Bay:
700 East Walnut Street
Green Bay, WI 54301