Marsh & McLennan Companies
Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
|Company Name||Marsh & McLennan Companies|
|CEO Name||Brian Duperreault|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$1,104,591|
|Underfunded Company Pension||-$1,040,000,000|
|Annual Company Revenue||$11,526,000,000|
|Territorial Tax Break||$1,435,000,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$3,700,000|
|Click here for sources.
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a large insurance brokerage firm. With 52,000 employees and a 2011 total revenue of $11.5 billion, it is one of the nation's largest. The company was founded in 1905 in Chicago, IL but is now headquartered in New York City.
On its website, the firm describes itself as, "the premier global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in risk, strategy and human capital. Through our market leading brands, colleagues in more than 100 countries help clients identify, plan for and respond to critical business issues and risks." 
The firm posted $11,526,000,000 total revenue in 2011.
- Peter Middleton - chair
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Marsh & McLennan Companies is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is a diversified risk, insurance, and professional services firm consisting of the following:
- Risk and Insurance Services: Marsh, Inc. and Guy Carpenter.
- Investment Management: Putnam Investments.
- Consulting: Mercer, Inc.: Mercer Human Resource Consulting, Mercer Investment Consulting, Mercer Management Consulting, Mercer Oliver Wyman, Mercer Delta Organizational Consulting, National Economic Research Associates (NERA), and Lippincott Mercer.
- MMC Capital, a global private equity firm
Board of Directors
As of February 2013
- Zachary W. Carter
- Osccar Fanjul
- Daniel S. Glaser
- Edward Hanway
- Elaine La Roche
- Lord Lang of Monkton
- Steven A. Mills
- Bruce P. Nolop
- Marc D. Oken
- Morton Schapiro
- Adele Simmons
- R. David Yost
As of February 2013
- Benjamin F. Allen - is Senior Vice President, Chief Innovation Officer and Chief Information Officer
- Peter J. Beshar - Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- J. Michael Bischoff - Chief Financial Officer
- John P. Drzik - President and Chief Executive Officer of Oliver Wyman Group
- E. Scott Gilbert - Senior Vice President and Chief Risk and Compliance Officer
- Daniel S. Glaser - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Laurie Ledford - Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Alexander S. Moczarski - President and Chief Executive Officer of Guy Carpenter
- David A. Nadler - Vice Chairman, Office of the CEO
- Julio A. Portalatin - President and Chief Executive Officer of Mercer
1166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036-2774
Phone: (212) 345 5000
Fax: (212) 345 4838
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch Resources
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- Marsh & McLennan Companies, "About page", organization website, accessed February 12, 2013
- Marsh & McLennan, "2011 Annual Report", organizational document, page page 25.
- Marsh & McLennan Companies, "Board of Directors and Executive Officers", organization website, accessed February 12, 2013
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|