Dr. Matthew Alford FHEA is a teaching fellow at the University of Bath. His research focuses on the relationship between entertainment, political power, and propaganda in the United States.
- Matthew Alford and Tom Secker, National Security Cinema: The Shocking New Evidence of Government Control in Hollywood, Drum Roll Books, 2017.
- Matthew Alford, The Writer with No Hands, 2016.
- Matthew Alford, "Reel Power: Hollywood Cinema and American Supremacy", Pluto Press, 2010.
- Tom Secker and Matthew Alford 'Why are the Pentagon and the CIA in Hollywood?' American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Volume 76, Issue 2, March 2017, Pages 381–404
- Matthew Alford, "The Political Impact of the Department of Defense on Hollywood Cinema", Quarterly Journal of Film and Video, 30th January 2016.
- Tricia Jenkins and Matthew Alford, "Intelligence Activity in Hollywood: Remembering the 'Agency' in CIA", Scope: An Online Journal of Film and TV Studies, June 2012.
- Matthew Alford, "Why Not a Propaganda Model for Hollywood?", in Philip Hammond (ed), Screens of Terror (Arima, 2011).
- Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford, "A History of Government Management of UFO Perceptions Through Film and Television", 49th Parallel, Spring 2011.
- Matthew Alford, "A Propaganda Model for Hollywood", Westminster Papers for Communication and Culture, Vol 6(2), 2009.
- Synaesthesia Journal, The Tyranny of Official Editors, 2013.
- Corporate Watch, "Screening Our Screens", 2013.
- Media Lens, "Hollywood - Weaponised Dream Factory", October 7th 2010.
- New Left Project, Hollywood Propaganda, August 24th 2010.