Menominee Paper Power Plant
Menominee Paper Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Cellu Paper - which is owned by the private equity company Weston Presidio - in Menominee, Michigan. The plant provides power to Cellu Paper's Menominee pulp & paper mill.
- Owner: Cellu Paper
- Parent Company: Weston Presidio
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 4.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 2.5 MW (1950), 1.5 MW (1962)
- Location: 144 1st St., Menominee, MI 49858
- GPS Coordinates: 45.097061, -87.595077
- Electricity Production: 17,556 MWh (2006)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 34,446 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|