Michael Barone is a senior writer for U.S. News & World Report and the principal coauthor of The Almanac of American Politics, which is published by the National Journal every two years. "The first edition appeared in 1971, and the 17th edition, The Almanac of American Politics 2004, appeared in July 2003." 
Barone has written for many publications—including The Economist, the New York Times, The Weekly Standard, The New Republic, National Review, The American Spectator, American Enterprise (American Enterprise Institute), Jewish World Review, Townhall.com, The Times Literary Supplement, and The Daily Telegraph of London.
Barone graduated from Harvard College in 1966 and Yale Law School in 1969. He was an editor of the Harvard Crimson and the Yale Law Journal. He "served as law clerk to Judge Wade H. McCree Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit from 1969 to 1971. From 1974 to 1981, he was vice president of the polling firm of Peter D. Hart Research Associates. From 1981 to 1988, he was a member of the editorial page staff of The Washington Post. From 1996 to 1998, he was senior staff editor at Reader's Digest." 
Email: mbarone AT usnews.com
Weblog: Barone Blog at U.S. News & World Report Online
- Michael Barone Bio, Pajamas Media.
- Michael Barone Bio, Townhall.com.
- Michael Barone Bio, Fox News (June 13, 2004).
- Michael Barone (pundit) in the Wikipedia.
By Michael Barone
- Archived articles for Michael Barone (2004-2006), U.S. News & World Report.
- Archived articles for Michael Barone (1999-2006), Jewish World Review.
- Archived articles for Michael Barone (2001-2006), Townhall.com.
- "The New York Times at War With America," Creators Syndicate (RealClearPolitics.com), June 26, 2006.
- "Our Covert Enemies," Townhall.com, August 21, 2006.
- Opinion: "The path to 9/11," U.S. News & World Report, August 24, 2006. re "The Path to 9/11" (2006 Docudrama)
- "A GOP Terror Bump," Creators Syndicate (RealClearPolitics.com), August 28, 2006.
Articles & Commentary
- "U.S. News' Barone smears, 'MoveOn.org folks were cheering when they heard of Reagan's death'," Media Matters for America, June 10, 2004.
- "Barone accused 'Michael Moore Democrats' of 'rooting against America'," Media Matters for America, July 19, 2004.
- "FOX's Barone said Kerry audience was 'silent' on military-strength line -- but they cheered," Media Matters for America, July 30, 2004.
- "FOX talking heads obsessed with Democratic 'hate'," Media Matters for America, July 30, 2004.
- "Barone defended Bush by distorting 9-11 Commission, Senate Intel reports," Media Matters for America, August 2, 2004.
- "Conservatives echoed false accusation that Kerry lied about Cambodia," Media Matters for America, August 25, 2004.
- "U.S. News' Barone accused Dem pollster Greenberg of 'blood libel' for saying 1988 Willie Horton ads were race-baiting," Media Matters for America, November 17, 2004.
- "Media complicit in spreading false GOP smear of district attorney investigating DeLay," Media Matters for America, November 18, 2004.
- "Barone repeated 2000 Florida recount falsehood," Media Matters for America, February 22, 2005.
- "At CPAC, Barone accused Washington state Democrats of trying to 'steal a few more votes'," Media Matters for America, March 3, 2005.
- "Barone falsely claimed NY Times 'outed' CIA-run airline," Media Matters for America, July 18, 2005.
- "Barone accused Wilson of lying, then used false statements to support his assertion," Media Matters for America, July 19, 2005.
- "Limbaugh, Coulter, Liddy, Hitchens, Barone continue attacks on Cindy Sheehan," Media Matters for America, August 18, 2005.
- "Barone wrongly attacked NY Times for reporting Bush claimed that Iraq 'posed an imminent threat'," Media Matters for America, December 6, 2005.
- "Barone mischaracterized NSA spying program to dismiss critics," Media Matters for America, January 31, 2006.
- "Barone misrepresented Senate report to assert possible Al Qaeda-Iraq connection," Media Matters for America, March 7, 2006.
- BooMan, "Michael Barone is a Hack," Booman Tribune, June 16, 2006.
- Daniel Gross, "Traitor to His Class," DanielGross.net, August 10, 2006.