"Farrell long has been active with the American Civil Liberties Union, American Indian Movement, Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Special Olympics, United Farm Workers Union and organizations concerned with animal welfare, the environment, child abuse, spousal abuse and veterans rights.
"Since 1979 Farrell has been spokesperson for CONCERN/America, an international refugee aid and development organization. He has visited refugee camps in Asia and Central America and helped disseminate information about the organization’s work worldwide.
"Farrell was a member of the board of advisers of the now-defunct Cult Awareness Network and is a founding board member of Peace Studies and of ATV, an inmate-developed alternatives-to-violence program at Augusta Correctional Center in Virginia." 
- National Advisory Council, U.S. Interreligious Committee for Peace in the Middle East
- Advisory Board, Liberty Hill Foundation 
- Cofounder, Artists United for a Win Without War
- "Biography", Accessed December 2006.
Resources and articles
- People, Liberty Hill Foundation, accessed November 19, 2010.