NASDAQ OMX Group
|Company Name||NASDAQ OMX Group|
|CEO Name||Robert Greifeld|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$4,006,460|
|Underfunded Company Pension||-$24,000,000|
|Annual Company Revenue||$3,438,000,000|
|Territorial Tax Break||$21,000,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$6,011,413|
|Click here for sources.
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
NASDAQ OMX GROUP is a public company founded in 1971. The group was originally formed through the National Association of Securities Dealers, or NASD. In 2006, "NASDAQ completed its separation from the NASD and began to operate as a national securities exchange. The next year (2007), NASDAQ combined with the powerful Scandinavian exchange group OMX and officially became the NASDAQ OMX Group".
In 2011, NASDAQ OMX reported $3,438,000,000 in total revenues.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." NASDAQ OMX Group is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
- Robert Greifeld: Chief Executive Officer
- Bruce E. Aust: Executive Vice President, Corporate Client Group
- Anna Ewing: Executive Vice President, Global Technology and Market Technology and Chief Information Officer
- Meyer Frucher: Vice Chairman, The NASDAQ OMX Group
- John L. Jacobs: Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Global Index Products and Global Marketing Group
- Hans-Ole Juchumsen: Executive Vice President, Transactions Services Nordics, Global Data Products
- Edward S. Knight: Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Regulatory Officer
- Eric W. Noll: Executive Vice President, Transaction Services U.S.
- Lee Shavel: Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President, Corporate Strategy
One Liberty Plaza
New York, NY 10006
Phone: (212) 401-8700
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security