|This is a profile of a U.S. Representative who, due to election loss or retirement, will not return for the 111th Congress. (See the Kansas portal for all incumbents, candidates and blogs.)|
Record and controversies
For more information on environmental legislation, see the Energy and Environment Policy Portal
Boyda graduated from William Jewell college receiving dual degrees in education and chemistry. She has worked as an analytical chemist and field inspector for the Environmental Protection Agency and as held management positions at numerous pharmaceutical companies. Boyda is married to Steve Boyda and has two children and five step-children. She lives in Topeka, Kansas.
2006 congressional election
Boyda was the Democratic Party nominee in the 2006 congressional election for the 2nd Congressional District of Kansas. She defeated incumbent Republican Rep. Jim Ryun 51% to 47% to take possession of the seat. 
Boyda campaigned against ideological conservatism and the role of money in politics. She campaigned on renewable energy, fiscal discipline, and a changed policy in Iraq. 
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. <crpcontribdata>cid=N00026434&cycle=2006</crpcontribdata>
|Links to more campaign contribution information for Nancy Boyda
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
- Revolving door profile for Nancy Boyda from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- 2006 privately funded travel profile for Nancy Boyda from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- Personal finance profile for Nancy Boyda from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
Committees and Affiliations
- House Committee on Armed Services
- Subcommittee on Readiness
- Subcommittee on Military Personnel
- House Committee on Agriculture
- Subcommittee on Conservation, Credit, Energy, and Research
- Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
- Subcommittee on Department Operations, Oversight, Nutrition and Forestry
More Background Data
510 SW 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66612
The Stilwell Hotel
701 N. Broadway, Suite A
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Articles and Resources
- Nancy Boyda for Congress, official campaign site.
Local blogs and discussion sites
|Current Office: None|
Ranking Member On:
Ranking Member On:
|Committees: House Committee on Agriculture, House Committee on Agriculture/Subcommittee on Conservation Credit Energy and Research, House Committee on Agriculture/Subcommittee on Department Operations Oversight Nutrition and Forestry, House Committee on Agriculture/Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management, House Committee on Armed Services, House Committee on Armed Services/Subcommittee on Military Personnel, House Committee on Armed Services/Subcommittee on Readiness|
|First Elected to Current Office:
November 7, 2006
|First Took Current Office:
January 4, 2007
January 3, 2009
|Previous Political Work?
U.S. House of Representatives
|Other Party Membership:|
|Zip Code Affiliations:|
Date of Birth: August 2, 1955