New York City Investment Fund
The New York City Investment Fund "is a private fund with a civic mission. The fund was the vision of Henry R. Kravis, founding partner of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., who serves as its Founding Chairman. His goal was to mobilize the city's financial and business leaders to help build a stronger and more diversified local economy. To that end, the Fund has built a network of top experts from the investment and corporate communities who help identify and support New York City's most promising entrepreneurs in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors.
Accessed October 2009: 
- Henry R. Kravis - Founding Partner, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- Russell L. Carson - General Partner, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Richard M. Cashin - Managing Partner, One Equity Partners
- Michael Carpenter - Chairman & CEO, Southgate Holdings, LLC
- Joseph H. Reich - Founder, Beginning With Children Foundation, Inc.
- John Carr - Partner, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
- Jonathan Q. Robson - Global Head, Enterprise Division, Thomson Reuters
- Jerome Chazen - Chairman, Chazen Capital Partners, LLC
- Kevin P. Ryan - Chief Executive Officer, AlleyCorp LLC
- Alan Fishman - Chairman, Ladder Capital Finance LLC
- Stephen A. Schwarzman - Chairman & CEO, The Blackstone Group, L.P.
- Jonathan N. Grayer - Former Chairman & CEO, Kaplan, Inc.
- Jerry Speyer - Chairman & Co-CEO, Tishman Speyer
- David W. Heleniak - Vice Chairman, Morgan Stanley
- Fred Wilson - Managing General Partner, Union Square Ventures
- Robert Lieber - Deputy Mayor of Economic Development, City of New York
- Kathryn Wylde - President & CEO, Partnership for New York City
- Donna M. Milrod - Deputy CEO, Deutsche Bank Americas
- Adebayo O. Ogunlesi - Chairman & Managing Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners
- Dennis Mullen - Acting Chairman and CEO, Empire State Development Corporation
- Web: http://www.nycif.org