Partnership for New York City
Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
The Partnership for New York City is a organization that was founded by David Rockefeller in 1979 and says its mission is to "enhance the economy of the five boroughs of New York City and maintain the city's position as the center of world commerce, finance and innovation."
- "The Partnership is a nonprofit membership organization comprised of a select group of two hundred CEOs (“Partners”) from New York City’s top corporate, investment and entrepreneurial firms. Partners are committed to working closely with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to enhance the economy and maintain New York City’s position as the global center of commerce, culture and innovation...
- "The New York City Investment Fund is the Partnership’s economic development arm. To date, the Fund has raised in excess of $100 million and made more than 60 investments in businesses and nonprofit projects that promote the local economy. Currently, the Investment Fund is working on establishing a commercial biotechnology cluster in the city." 
- "The Partnership for New York City was formed out of the merger of two organizations: the New York Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the New York City Partnership." This merger occurred in 2002.
The Partnership for New York City has an extensive number of corporate partners. The list can be seen here.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of February 2013
- Kathryn S. Wylde, President & CEO
- Janice Cook Roberts - Co-CEO and Co-President, New York City Investment Fund
- Mary Jo Dunnington - Chief Operating Officer
- Anthony Giugliano - Chief Financial Officer
- Maria Gotsch - Co-CEO and Co-President, New York City Investment Fund
- Brad Hoylman - Senior Vice President, Public Affairs and General Counsel
- Patty Noonan - Senior Vice President, Policy & Economic Development
- Ernest Tollerson - Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
A Forbes magazine in 2010 stated that the Partnership for New York City has the wealthiest board of any non-profit. The article states that nine of the organizations board members are billionaires. 
As of February, 2013: 
- Laurence D. Fink, Chairman & CEO, BlackRock, Inc.
- Terry J. Lundgren, Chairman, President & CEO, Macy's, Inc.
- Lloyd C. Blankfein - Chairman & CEO, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Rupert Murdoch - Chairman & CEO, News Corporation
- Victor F. Ganzi - President & CEO, The Hearst Corporation
As of February, 2013: 
- Candace K. Beinecke - Chair, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Phillippe P. Dauman, President & CEO, Viacom, Inc.
- Klaus Kleinfeld, Chairman & CEO, Alcoa, Inc.
- Kenneth I. Chenault - Chairman & CEO, American Express Company
- Terry J. Lundgren - Chairman, President & CEO, Macy's, Inc.
- Herbert M. Allison, Jr. - Chairman, President & CEO, TIAA-CREF
- Jeffrey M. Peek - Chairman & CEO, CIT Group Inc.
- Alain J. P. Belda - Chairman & CEO, Alcoa Inc.
- Peter J. Powers - Chairman & CEO, Powers Global Strategies, LLC
- Stephen Berger - Chairman, Odyssey Investment Partners, LLC
- Charles Prince - Partnership Chairman Emeritus
- Kathy Bloomgarden - Co-CEO, Ruder Finn, Inc.
- Vikki L. Pryor - President & CEO, SBLI USA Mutual Life Insurance Company, Inc.
- Kevin Burke - Chairman, President & CEO, Con Edison
- Alan Rappaport - Vice Chairman, US Trust; NY President., Bank of America, US Trust Bank of America Private Wealth Management
- Russell L. Carson - Co-Founder & General Partner, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Steven Rattner - Managing Principal, Quadrangle Group LLC
- Robert B. Catell - Chairman U.S., National Grid
- James D. Robinson III - Co-Founder & General Partner, RRE Ventures
- Michael G. Cherkasky - President & CEO, Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
- Rosanna Rosado - Publisher & CEO, El Diario/La Preoknsa
- James Dimon - Chairman, President, & CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Wilbur L. Ross, Jr. - Chairman & CEO, WL Ross & Co. LLC
- Peter L. Faber - Senior Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Michael I. Roth - Chairman & CEO, Interpublic Group
- Alan H. Fishman - Chairman, Meridian Capital Group, LLC
- Steven Roth - Chairman & CEO, Vornado Realty Trust
- Richard S. Fuld, Jr. - Chairman & CEO, Lehman Brothers
- Howard J. Rubenstein - President, Rubenstein Associates, Inc.
- Barry M. Gosin - Chief Executive Officer, Newmark Knight Frank
- William C. Rudin - President, Rudin Management Company, Inc.
- Jonathan N. Grayer - Chairman & CEO, Kaplan, Inc.
- Barry Salzberg - Chairman & CEO, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Robert Greifeld - President & CEO, The NASDAQ Stock Market, Inc.
- Linda S. Sanford - Senior Vice President, Enterprise on Demand Transformation, IBM Corporation
- Glenn Hutchins - Founder and Co-CEO, Silver Lake
- Alan D. Schwartz - President & Co-COO, The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc.
- Jill Kaplan - Publisher, Crain's New York Business
- Stephen A. Schwarzman - Chairman & CEO, The Blackstone Group
- Robert Kelly - Chief Executive Officer, The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation
- Jerry I. Speyer - Chairman & CEO, Tishman Speyer
- Jeffrey B. Kindler - Chairman & CEO, Pfizer Inc.
- Sy Sternberg - Chairman & CEO, New York Life Insurance Company
- Henry R. Kravis - Founding Partner, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- Martin J. Sullivan - President & CEO, American International Group, Inc.
- William P. Lauder - President & CEO, The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- John A. Thain - Chairman & CEO, Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.
- Rochelle B. Lazarus - Chairman & CEO, Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide
- Mary Ann Tighe - Chief Executive Officer, New York Tri-State Region, CB Richard Ellis
- Edward Lewis - Chairman & Founder, Essence Magazine
- James S. Tisch - President & CEO, Loews Corporation
- Martin Lipton - Senior Partner, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- John B. Veihmeyer - U.S. Deputy Chairman and Americas Chairman, KPMG LLP
- John J. Mack - Chairman & CEO, Morgan Stanley
- Mark L. Wagar - President, Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Donald B. Marron - Chairman & CEO, Lightyear Capital
- Seth Waugh - Chief Executive Officer, Deutsche Bank Americas
- Harold McGraw III - Chairman, President & CEO, The McGraw-Hill Companies
- Christopher J. Williams - Chairman & CEO, The Williams Capital Group, L.P.
- Bruce E. Mosler - President & CEO, Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
- Fred Wilpon - Chairman, Sterling Equities
- K. Rupert Murdoch - Chairman & CEO, News Corporation
- Robert Wolf - Chairman & CEO, UBS Group Americas, UBS
- Dennis M. Nally - Chairman & Senior Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- Deborah C. Wright - Chairman & CEO, Carver Bancorp Inc.
- David Neeleman - Chairman, JetBlue Airways Corporation
- Kathryn S. Wylde - President & CEO, Partnership for New York City
- Richard D. Parsons - Chairman, Time Warner Inc.
- Tim Zagat - Co-Chairman, Zagat Survey LLC
- Michael Patsalos-Fox - Chairman, The Americas, McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Timothy F. Geithner - President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- David W. Heleniak - Vice Chairman, Morgan Stanley
One Battery Park Plaza, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Phone: (212) 493-7400 (for all general inquires)
Fax: (212) 344-3344
General questions: email@example.com
- Web: www.pfnyc.org
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Staff, New York City Partnership, Accessed Feb. 15, 2013.
- O'Conner, Clare. "Billionaires On Board", accessed 2/11/2013
- Partnership For New York City "http://www.pfnyc.org/reports/pfnyc_brochure.pdf "Focus Mission"], organizational document, January 16, 2013
- Board of Directors, Partnership for New York City, accessed December 28, 2007.
- Partnership For New York City "Focus Mission", organizational document, January 16, 2013