Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
Passport Capital, LLC is a global investment firm founded by John H. Burbank III in 2000. The firm is based in San Francisco and manages $3.7 billion in assets. The firm describes their work as a "combination of macroeconomic analysis to develop major themes and rigorous fundamental research on individual companies to create global portfolios."
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Board of Directors
- Jim Cunningham, CFA, Portfolio Manager
- Sebastien Boifort, Portfolio Manager
- Sid Mitra, Portfolio Manager
- Andrew Ham, Ph.D, Director of Mining Research
- Peter Supino, Portfolio Manager
- Jeff Landry, CFA, Portfolio Manager
- Walther Lovato, CFA, Portfolio Manager
- Modassir S. Choudry, M.D, Portfolio Manager
Internet and Technology
- Andrew Seligson, Portfolio Manager
- Seth Spalding, CFA, Portfolio Manager
Middle East and North Africa
- Arshad Ashraf, Portfolio Manager and Trader
- Jeff Kong, Portfolio Manager
Risk Management and Quantitative Strategy
- Tim Garry, CFA, Portfolio Manager and Chief Risk Officer
- David Tillman, Head Trader
- John Moran, President
- Joanne Cormican, CFA, CPA, Chief Operating Officer
- William Alberti, Esq. General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
- Liz Mahon, CPA, Chief Financial Officer
Marketing and Investor Relations
- Bill Nolan, Head of Marketing and Investment Relations.
- Rick Harris, Director, Sales of Marketing
- Greg Leograndis, Director, Product Specialist, Sales and Marketing
- Jean Thouvenin, Director, Sales and Marketing, Passport Capital Europe LLP
- Michele Clifford, Director, Investor Relations and Operations
- One Market Street, Steuart Tower, Ste 2200
- San Francisco, CA 94105
- Tel: +1 (415) 321-4600
Resources & Articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security