Peabody political contributions early data
The Dirty Energy Money website lisrs $138,200 in contributions from Peabody Energy to members of the House of Representatives in the 110th Congress (2007-2008) as being
- $14,200 to Roy Blunt;
- $10,000 to Jerry F. Costello;
- $9,500 to Frederick C. Boucher;
- $6,000 to John M. Shimkus;
- $4,000 to Ed Whitfield;
- $3,500 to Joe Linus Barton;
- $3,000 to Michael Avery Ross;
- $3,000 to Bart Gordon;
- $2,800 to Shelley Moore Capito;
- $2,750 to Frederick Stephen Upton;
- $2,500 to David D. Boren;
- $2,500 to Charles W. Dent;
- $2,300 to Steny Hamilton Hoyer;
- $2,000 to Eric Cantor;
- $2,000 to John J. Barrow;
- $2,000 to Geoffrey C. Davis; and
- $2,000 to Charlie Melancon Jr.
FollowTheCoalMoney lists $134,100 in contributions from Peabody Energy to members of the House of Representatives in the 110th Congress (2007-2008) as
- $31,900 to Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
- $30,200 to John D. Rockefeller (D-West Virginia); and
- $7,000 to John A. Barrasso (West Virgina)
More information on specific coal companies and representatives can be found at FollowtheCoalMoney.org, a project sponsored by the nonpartisan, nonprofit Oil Change International and Appalachian Voices.
For more up to date information see the "Campaign contributions by Peabody Energy" on the main Peabody Energy article page.
Articles and resources
- ↑ "House Members of the 110th (2007-2008) Congress", Follow The Coal Money, accessed March 2009.
- ↑ "Senate Members of the 110th (2007-2008) Congress", Follow The Coal Money, accessed March 2009.