Peter Eigen "founder and chairman of Berlin-based Transparency International.
"A lawyer by training, Eigen previously worked in economic development for 25 years, mainly as a World Bank manager of programs in Africa and Latin America. Among his assignments, he served as director of the regional mission for Eastern Africa from 1988 to 1991. He also worked with the Ford Foundation to provide legal and technical assistance to the governments of Botswana and Namibia.
In addition to his work at the the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, "Eigen is teaching a course on “Corruption in the International Arena” at the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University during the fall 2001 semester. He has served as an adjunct lecturer at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government since 1999 and taught law at Georgetown University and the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt, where he received his Ph.D.“ 
"From 1999 to 2001 Peter Eigen was Adjunct Lecturer at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. He is also a member of the Advisory Council of the Center for International Development at the John F. Kennedy School of Government. He is a Trustee of Crown Agents Foundation as well as a member of the Advisory Commission on the UN, the Global Compact and the Commission on Globalization of the State of the World Forum.
"In 2000, he received the award of Honorary Doctor of the Open University. In September 2001, he joined the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace as Visiting Scholar while teaching at Johns Hopkins University/SAIS.
"In 2004, Peter Eigen received the Reader's Digest Award 'European of the Year 2004' and became an Honorary Professor of Political Science of the Freie Universität, Berlin." 
- Advisory Council, Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative
- Trustee, Center for International Environmental Law
- Creative Member, Club of Budapest: Members
- Director, Partnership for Transparency Fund 
- Member, Africa Progress Panel 
- Advisory Board, Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Directors, Partnership for Transparency Fund, accessed October 28, 2008.
- About, Africa Progress Panel, accessed January 13, 2011.
- Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed April 8, 2013.
- ”Biography”, Accessed January 2007.