Piney Creek Power Plant
Piney Creek Power Plant was a 36.2-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by American Consumer Industries near Clarion, Pennsylvania.
Construction on the plant began in 1990, and the unit commissioned on December 17, 1992. The plant was shutdown in 2013 and contracted for disposal in January 2014.
The undated satellite photo below shows the location of the retired power station at 428 Power Ln., Clarion, PA 16214.
- Owner: Colmac Clarion Inc.
- Parent Company: American Consumer Industries
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 36.2 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 36.2 MW (1992)
- Location: 428 Power Ln., Clarion, PA 16214
- GPS Coordinates: 41.176498, -79.441377
- Electricity Production: 267,275 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 247,086 tons (2000)
- SO2 Emissions: 963 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 7,21 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 221 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- "Coal-Fired Power Plants in Pennsylvania," Industcards, accessed Feb 2016
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.