Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) describes itself as "a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services."
PwC was "created by the merger of two firms—Price Waterhouse and Coopers & Lybrand—each with historical roots going back some 150 years." According to its website, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is incorporated in Delaware. PwC may refer to the United States member firm, headquartered in New York, and also to the larger network of firms worldwide. Each member firm is a separate legal entity.
In the 2012 fiscal year ending June 30 2012, PwC recorded $31.5 billion in gross revenues.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Network Leadership Team
As of February 2013
- Dennis M. Nally, Chairman
- Robert E. Moritz - United States
- Ian Powell - United Kingdom
- Norbert Winkeljohann - Germany
- Silas S. S. Yang - China
As of February 2013
- Brad Oltmanns, Chair - United States
- Noël Albertus - France
- Susan Allen - Canada
- Mark Boyer - United States
- Marco Castro - Brazil
- Peter Clemedtson - Sweden
- Mary Ann Cloyd - United States
- Gerry Lagerberg - United Kingdom
- Murray Legg - United Kingdom
- Tim Lui - China, Singapore and Hong Kong
- John Maxwell - United States
- Bruce Morgan - Australia
- Mike Morrow - United States
- Didier Mouget - Luxembourg
- Christoph Schreiber - Germany
- Rich Sharko - Russia
- Peter Tieleman - Netherlands
- Matt Wyborn - Japan
U.S. Executive Management
Members of the United States leadership team as of February 2013
- Bob Moritz, US Chairman and Senior Partner
- Mike Burwell, US Transformation Leader and Vice Chair
- Carol Sawdye, Chief Financial Officer
- John Carter, Chief Administrative Officer and Partner Affairs Leader
- Bill Cobourn, Sectors and Markets Leader
- Mitch Cohen, Vice Chairman - Strategy and New York Region
- Laura Cox Kaplan, Regulation Affairs and Public Policy Leader
- Terri McClements, US Human Capital Leader and Vice Chair
- Greg Garrison, Clients and Markets Leader
- Mark Mendola, Tax Leader
- Rob Gittings, Marketing and Sales Leader
- Dana Mcilwain, Advisory Leader
- Maria Castañón Moats, Chief Diversity Officer
- Tim Ryan, Assurance Leader
- Diana Weiss, General Counsel
300 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Phone: (646) 471-4000
Fax: (646) 471-4444
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- ↑ PwC, "About us", organization website, accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ PwC, "Facts and figures: Our history", organization website, accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ PwC, "Facts and figures", organization website, accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ PwC, "Network Leadership Team", organization website, accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ PwC, "Global Board", organization website, accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ PwC, "Our leadership team", organization website, accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ Pioneers and Rangers, Texans for Public Justice, accessed August 2007.
- ↑ 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed August 2007.
- ↑ PricewaterhouseCoopers lobbying expenses, Open Secrets.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|