HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh "served as International President of WWF for 16 years until his retirement at the end of 1996, but his continuous involvement with the organization goes back to its foundation in 1961 when he was appointed President of WWF-UK. Now, as President Emeritus, he still works actively on behalf of the organization.
"During these 40 years His Royal Highness' contribution to the organization has been inestimable - visiting WWF projects in over fifty countries on five continents, promoting conservation issues at the highest governmental and corporate levels and helping with fundraising and awareness promotion." 
- Founder, Alliance of Religions and Conservation 
- Patron, Interact Worldwide (now Plan UK) 
- Patron, British Trust for Conservation Volunteers
- Patron, British Trust for Ornithology 
- Patron, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
- Patron, Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Former Patron, Work Foundation
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Duke of Edinburgh Conservation Medal
- Outward Bound International
- Peter Horsley - former Equerry
- Commander Michael Parker - former Secretary
- Commonwealth Study Conference
- Former Presidents, WWF International, accessed October 9, 2008.
- Alliance of Religions and Conservation People, organizational web page, accessed March 27, 2012.
- Plan UK People, organizational web page, accessed December 21, 2014.
- Annual Report 2007-08, British Trust for Ornithology, accessed April 26, 2009.