Learn more about how the State Policy Network aids ALEC and spins disinformation in the states.
Prison Fellowship (formerly Prison Fellowship Ministries), founded in 1976 by Charles Colson, is "a Christian ministry responding to the needs of prisoners, ex-prisoners, victims and those affected by crime. The purpose of each national PF organization is to work through the Christian community to mobilize outreach and ministry in response to the needs of prisoners, ex prisoners, victims, and their families as well as to advance the application of restorative justice principles within the criminal justice system."
"This organization is a nonprofit. Contributions to it are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. It is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA)." MinistryWatch Summary, March 14, 2005.
Prison Fellowship is an "associate" member of the State Policy Network.
- Charles W. Colson, Chairman.
- Mark Earley, President/CEO.
44180 Riverside Parkway
Lansdowne, VA 20176-0176
Phone: (877) 478-0100
Fax: (703) 904-7327
- Rusty Leonard, "MinistryWatch.com's Take," October 1, 2001.
- Bill Berkowitz, "Charles Colson's Christian-based prison project on trial in Iowa: Prison Justice Ministries' InnerChange Freedom Initiative is a 'government-funded conversion program' says Americans United's Barry Lynn", Media Transparency, November 2, 2005.
- State Policy Network, Directory, State Policy Network, 2016.