Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
Reputation.com was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Redwood City, California. The company describes itself as having "a world-class team of technologists and researchers focused on helping people control their lives online. . . Our cutting-edge technology will monitor the Web 24/7 for your private data, finding and removing it from dozens of people-search sites. And we’ll keep monitoring it, to make sure that the information stays private. Our publishing team will create custom profiles and other content for you or your business to build a positive online presence, and our expert reputation advisors will work with you to push down or suppress any negative content that shows up high in your search results." Very little financial data about the company is available.
In January 2011, the company's name was changed from "ReputationDefender" to "Reputation.com."
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Reputation.com is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Board of Directors
As of February 2013:
- Michael Fertik, CEO & founder, Reputation.com
- David Cowan, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Mike Maples, Floodgate
- Ted Schlein, Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers
- Nick Sturiale, Jafco Ventures
- Dan Rosensweig, President & CEO, Cheff
As of February 2013:
- Michael Fertik, CEO & Founder
- Shrey Bhatia, President
- Howard Bragman, Vice Chairman
- Tom Dignan, Vice President, Research
- Brent Franson, Vice President, Sales
- Noah Lang, Vice President, Business Development
- Owen Tripp, Co-Founder & COO
- Paul Kirincich, CFO
1001 Marshall St., 2nd Floor
Redwood City, CA 94063
Phone: (650) 241-7491
Press inquiries: press AT reputation.com
General inquiries: helpdesk AT reputation.com
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- ↑ Reputation.com, "About Us", organization website, accessed February 18, 2013
- ↑ "Changing Our Name, But Not Our Mission" Rob Frappier, Reputation.com News, January 12, 2011
- ↑ Deirdre Fulton, "Generation Next", The Boston Phoenix, August 6 - 12, 2004.
- ↑ Reputation.com, "Board of Directors" organizational page, accessed February 6, 2013
- ↑ Reputation.com, "Management Team" organizational page, accessed February 6, 2013
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|