|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Professor Richard Tol is a Research Professor at the Economic and Social Research Institute, Dublin, Ireland, where he is responsible for the research areas energy and environment.He holds a Doctorate in Economics and a Masters of Science in Econometrics from the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. He is co editor-in-chief of the journal Energy Economics. He is the youngest lead author on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
He describes his key areas of expertise as including the economic impacts of climate change (particularly sea level rise, water resources, and tourism), international climate policy, greenhouse gas emission reduction, integrated assessment modelling, and applied econometrics. 
Climate action skeptic and/or contrarian
Wikipedia states according to Tol "the impact of climate change is relatively small". He was also among the US Senate Republican Party's "list of scientists disputing man-made global warming claims", which stated that Tol "dismissed the idea that mankind must act now to prevent catastrophic global warming".
"The first rule of climate policy should be: do no harm to economic growth" 
Affiliations - Current and former
- Academic Advisory Council Global Warming Policy Foundation
- Research Professor Economic and Social Research Institute based in Dublin Ireland
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Engineering and Public Policy, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Associate, Research Unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University and Centre for Marine and Atmospheric Science,Hamburg, Germany
- Copenhagen Consensus Center 2009 panel
- Professor of the Economics of Climate Change, Faculty of Economic Sciences and Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam; and an Adjunct Professor, Department of Economics, Trinity College, Dublin.,
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
[[category: ]] add category tags, if you know them. you can also create them but please search first.