Rita E. Hauser
Hauser and her husband Gustave M. Hauser "created the Hauser Center for Nonprofit Organizations at the Kennedy School of Government. The Center has been a model for other universities. Her desire to encourage women to play leadership roles in philanthropy led her to create the Women's Leadership Challenge Fund, which reached out to more than 200 women across the University. Nearly all of these women continue to serve Harvard in substantial ways."
At Harvard, Hauser is "National Campaign co-chair of the University Campaign and current member of the Executive Committee of the Committee on University Resources, ... also vice-chair of the Dean's Advisory Board at the Law School, a member of the Visiting Committee of the Kennedy School of Government, trustee of the Harvard Law School Club of New York City, and a former member of the Board of Advisers of the Middle East Institute."
- Trustee, Forum for International Policy
- Chairman, International Peace Academy
- Committee Member, The American Society of International Law Second Century Campaign
- Director, Atlantic Council of the United States
- Director, Council on Foreign Relations
- Director, Americas Society
- Director, Global Humanitarian Forum 
- Director, Lincoln Center 
- Former Director, Rand Corporation
- Director, Nixon Center
- Director, American Ditchley Foundation
- Governor, Ditchley Foundation 
- Director, Human Rights Watch; Member, Human Rights Watch Middle East Advisory Committee
- Advisory Council, Lowy Institute, Australian Think Tank
- Advisory Board, Center for Middle East Public Policy
- Advisory Council (Domestic), Freedom House
- Advisory Board, Partnership for a Secure America
- Advisory Board, Middle East Institute-Columbia University 
- Advisory Board, University of the Middle East Project 
- Advisory Council, Women's Foreign Policy Group
- Advisory Council (National), U.S. Interreligious Committee for Peace in the Middle East
- Task Force Member, Century Foundation Twentieth Century Fund Task Force on the Future of U.S. Intelligence
- Sponsor (1994), The New Middle East Magazine
- Former Member (Approx. 1980), President's Board for International Broadcasting
- American Jewish Committee on Oral History Collection, Dorot Jewish Division, Interview Tapes with Rita E. Hauser in New York Public Library.
- The New York Review: Rita E. Hauser: ISRAEL AND THE PALESTINIANS (August 18, 1988).
- Executive Council, American Society of International Law
- Chair, International Peace Academy 
- International Advisory Board (Cochair), International Crisis Group 
- Former Board member, Center for Law and Social Policy
Resources and articles
- ↑ Directors, Global Humanitarian Forum, accessed December 2, 2009.
- ↑ Directors, Lincoln Center, accessed October 2, 2009.
- ↑ Ditchley Foundation Governors, organizational web page, accessed April 12, 2013.
- ↑ Advisory Board, Middle East Institute-Columbia University, accessed April 17, 2009.
- ↑ Leadership, University of the Middle East Project, accessed October 28, 2010.
- ↑ Board of Directors, International Peace Academy, accessed September 13, 2007.
- ↑ 2009 Annual Report, International Crisis Group, accessed April 20, 2009.